Temporarily Disable Rear Backup Sensors

Mike Feldman

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I recently had a hitch receiver installed with aftermarket wiring. I am curious if there’s a way to disable the sensors temporarily without having to go in every time and turn down the volume and then turn it back up afterwards. I enabled the camera mode for the trailer so I have the ability to switch from regular parking, parallel parking, and trailer views, but that’s the only change I’ve made in the modules. This is on a PFL 2016 US spec e-tron prestige with sport package.

I recently had a hitch receiver installed with aftermarket wiring. I am curious if there’s a way to disable the sensors temporarily without having to go in every time and turn down the volume and then turn it back up afterwards. I enabled the camera mode for the trailer so I have the ability to switch from regular parking, parallel parking, and trailer views, but that’s the only change I’ve made in the modules. This is on a PFL 2016 US spec e-tron prestige with sport package.

If you have VCDS then follow the instructions as per the below link:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Parking_Aid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither of those show any information for temporary deactivation. I would have to go through the VCDS and change the module every time I use the bike rack or trailer.