Temperature Reading

S3 AUO

Reaction score
I noticed when I was driving back from work today and the temperature had dropped to -8c that the ice symbol vanished.

It comes on at 5c positive and goes off again when the temperature goes above 5c, but i've noticed that it also goes off if the temperature goes below -5c.

Anyone else noticed this?

Yeah... it does that... guess they figured it would never get that cold in the UK lol... the symbol disappears at -5.5 degress

<tuffty/>

Yeah... it does that... guess they figured it would never get that cold in the UK lol... the symbol disappears at -5.5 degress

<tuffty/>

Just saved me asking about this one. -5.5 today, no snowflake....-4.0...its snowflake time!

Sloppy/lazy coding in the DIS software. I've seen it many times in the past on systems where negative numbers are not handled properly...

Cheers,

Oh yeah, -11.5 on mine at 0700 this morning... And she started instantly at the 1st turn of the key :happy:

Cheers,

A bit of a glitch, perhaps ... But I doubt any of us really needs an ice warning at -5 degrees. The fact you're still outside the car trying to unstick your hand from the bodywork should prevent any skidding.