Temp gauge....

Scan with VCDS or check wiring at the CTS. There is a way of getting the dash dials to do a self-test. But I can't remember the process.

Dan

Here you go It's done via vagcom

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Was working fine then today zip, doesn't move at all not even a blip when you start her up...... Also any one got a rear number plate light assembly as mine dropped out on the way to work this morning :(

You really need to have a look in VCDS/VAGCOM engine measuring blocks to see if the ECU is getting a correct signal from the CTS.
Even if your stat was stuck fully open I would still expect the temp to get high enough to register on the gauge.
Does your heater get hot?

Change the temp sensor as you say you have heating as it is very easy to do but make sure you have a bottle of G13 coolant to top up after......very common problem, but usually it sticks to the 70c marking and never reaches 90c.

Showing my lack of knowledge on these cars..... Is there a guid on here or any one got a pic of where it's situated?

do a search there is shed loads of info on this and guides with pics

it will also help if we know what engine?

location in your profile is good to so if there is anyone close by with VCDS they can plug in for you