Telephone not installed

ScottHannah

Reaction score
Hello,

When I hit the "phone" button on my nav it comes up "telephone not installed" is it a software issue or will it just not be installed from factory? Just weird that the button is available on the dash and steering wheel but says not installed lol.

Car was advertised with Bluetooth when I bought from Arnold Clark but I'm guessing they just assumed it had it because the phone button is there.

Thanks for any help.

Do a search on your phone for audi uhv or the like, if no bt fitted then we supply/fit the original audi bt system, pm for more information :)

My car had Bluetooth but it wasn't enabled, even Audi said it wasn't spec'd with it, saying it would need a module etc at a £300 cost. Bit of a Google and a play with VCDS and boom, Bluetooth :)
If MMI 3G, which sounds like with nav it might be, apparently the module is in it on all models, just depends whether the owner paid etc for Audi to turn it on. If they didn't they mark it as not having it and then can make loads of money out of you for a 10min bit of coding...

Reactions: dtcmusic
Did you pair the phone to the car? I think of they're not paired you get the same or similar message.

It's just the Audi concert system no mmi unfortunately. Hopefully is just a bit of coding as it could be useful. Any idea on the code?

No not paired defsix tried searching for discoverable devices on iPhone with no luck.

Nope, it needs the full install mate, coding wont assist.

Have you tried scanning the car.
If the telephone module is installed, it will show up there

Yes, Carista should list it,maybe after Radio and before Sound System, it showed it okay on my 2011 S4.

Reactions: ScottHannah
Take it back to the seller, if they described it as having Bluetooth it should be supplied with it!

Reactions: ScottHannah
Take it back to the seller, if they described it as having Bluetooth it should be supplied with it!

I think that the OP said that he bought it from Arnold Clark, I don't think that consumer laws apply to them??

Reactions: scotty76 and CHEZ