Technology pack with Connect

RGBARGEE

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you folks can offer any simple advice to save me time reading manuals etc.

I have ordered Tech pack with Audi Connect. I have a spare iPhone 5 Sim card and mobile number on a cheap VF Business tariff. Can I use this? Is the card the correct size.

Also as I have an iPhone 6 I assume I can hook this up too??? Will have an iPod with all my music permanently attached so no issues with that.

Any tips advice would be most welcome!

Cheers and happy holidays.

RG

The SIM won't fit, but VF will transfer the number to a full size SIM for free if you walk into one of their stores. It'll take them about 2 minutes.

Yes, your iPhone6 will hook up for the purposes of calls/music over Bluetooth.
And if you put an iPod in the armrest plugged into the AMI that will also work just fine.

I connect my iPhone to the car WiFi and then it it gets better internet via the car SIM/external aerial. As I'm on EE I can make calls over WiFi and its noticeably better when the signal is iffy.
It will also save your phone battery as its not going to be staying online transmitting miles direct to mast, just a few feet within the car.

Thanks Jose

Are you just using your phone for Audi connect?

Ah so it's the old fashioned original (iPhone 4 type Sim) for Connect services?

I suppose what I'm wondering is I want to use my Sim with no ending ***77 pick up the Google Maps Connect stuff leaving my personal iPhone 6 **33 to hook up via BT for the phone.

Leaving my iPod permanently hooked up for music.

Yes, old fashioned SIM. And yep, it'll all work as you want :)
There isn't actually the option to use the SIM for anything other than data I don't think.

I have an EE sharer SIM that leaches off my main iPhone 10GB contract for £6/month.
I have google earth always on, and use various services on Audi connect - I even used the train times/service tracker picking a friend up from the station the other day!
Passengers often use the WiFi too, good for long journeys!

I have VF Business contracts (My wife's old number is spare now and only £7 a month so thought I'd use that (**77 number) Might see about converting to Data only then or pinching Sim from old iPad. Wondering if there are ones I can use in France where I go a lot without incurring huge costs?? So much to think about . Cheers RG

Any sim will work, so when abroad buy a payg French sim preloaded with a couple of gb of data and you can use the wifi so your phone does pay roaming charges either

Reactions: RGBARGEE
You are a star Jose! Have done the sim swap with iPad before. Trouble is the French tend to have time limited Sim cards linked to Data and you end up paying for a month to use for a long weekend.

Reactions: josedebardi
Glad to be of service. EU Roaming charges are about to be abolished anyway, so hopefully you won't have to worry soon! Even now I would think its marginal on the cost is of a local SIM vs paying a few extra quid on the roaming one - I think VF do a ~£1.50 a day charge to access your normal data pool.

Roaming charges have been a rip off for years. A few years ago VF linked up with SFR to give free roaming but only one year!
Currently pay £3 a day for VF Europe to allow payment plan to be valid in Europe too, hone, text etc.. Not sure I want to pay the thieving wotsits anymore even from my business account!!

Reactions: josedebardi