Tea leaves robbed my cars

You also need to remember the gits are re banding vehicle tax in April as well which may be quite scary !
I thought the new tax laws were for vehicles manufactured after April 2017

Sigh, the s3 ticked all the boxes really.

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER
I thought the new tax laws were for vehicles manufactured after April 2017

Sigh, the s3 ticked all the boxes really.

This is right. Only for brand new cars but its a good thing in some aspects.

It means all the audis are 140 a year. Sadly diesels get hit hard from 30 a year to 140...

Didn't have any joy with the ombudsman. They were very polite and professional, great service. But they are tied to what they can do. I guess they are there to make sure companies are doing as per their terms and conditions.

Anyway, looking at car again.. don't really want an Audi 8P as I've been sitting in that one for 4 years.
Thinking of getting a VW R32 or a BMW E90 335i

Trouble with the r32 is you are paying crazy amounts of tax for only 250ish bhp.

The 335i has a nice tunable lump in it.

My requirements are:
Fairly modern (not ancient)
5 door (family on the way :D)
Some decent tech in it (Bluetooth. Parking sensors. Heated seats, panoramic roof, anything fancy)
Prefebaly not a 4cylinder

Will appreciate any feedback.

If you can find one as there is not many. A MK5 R32 on a 55 plate the tax is half the price of one on a 2006 plate onwards. Or if you want want a MK4 again there cheaper but not as nice. Loved my old R32 but I prefer my 8P

I had an R32 on a 2007 plate. 5 door DSG, Deep Blue Pearl, heated leather, Nav etc etc.
Amazing car, full Milltek system and it sounded epic. I take the point on tune ability as it was always an issue for me but everything else about the car was cool. If you want a car that isn't attractive to car thieves then the R32 isnt the answer.

Reactions: saq85
Unlucky pal. I feel for you. Only joking. R32 are really nice. Only reason i didnt get one was because of the tax and not that quick. But the sound they make is unreal. Strap a turbo or supercharger on it. Different story haha

Reactions: Raiden and saq85
Unlucky pal. I feel for you. Only joking. R32 are really nice. Only reason i didnt get one was because of the tax and not that quick. But the sound they make is unreal. Strap a turbo or supercharger on it. Different story haha

LOL.
Yeah it's a stop gap that fits in the garage. Doubt anything else will tbf.

Sadly one of the problems of 8P S3 ownership is the age of the 8P platform. You can pick up an early A3(now 14 years old) for less than 2k, which means there is a healthy market for cheap (stolen!) S3 parts for those wishing to build themselves a newish looking replica.

We had an attempted break in a while back which I strongly suspected was for my S3 keys, luckily the previous owners of our house had good quality UPVC doors and locks which defeated the burglars albeit sustaining heavy damage.

Sorry to hear all the hassle you've had to go to. Insurance companies are almost a bigger crooks as the thieves themselves!