Tdi Tuning Twin Channel Box now fitted.

BigGreg

Reaction score
Well new timing belt (and water pump) fitted last week, when I got it back I fitted the tuning box in jig time. 15-20mins as I was being pernickety on where the cables went. You could probably do in 10mins if you wanted. Super easy and the build quality seems spot on.

So how does it go. There are a number of setting options on this so I have played a little safe and went for the second from full performance for now. Well it goes like a decking train. Picks up in any gear at any speed, just wants to go. No noticeable black smoke from the exhaust either which I am happy about. My friend has a highly tuned vectra (yuk) running 250bhp on the rollers, but it's a black out every time he guns it. I guess the dpf is working fine on mine (especially as it passed it's MOT today co2 reading zero). It's early days as I have done less than 150miles so far, feels much much quicker. I was running 235bhp in my last car, this feels as quick up to 100mph, but much more useable as it spins up off boost much quicker. Loving it thus far. More to follow.

Reactions: TDI-Tuning
Doesn't matter how much fuel you put into a car with a DPF you will never see smoke, Problem is the DPF will be catching all that smoke and you will end up having more regens.
As long as your driving includes reasonably long runs for the car to do some passive regeneration as well as active regens you should be good.

Reactions: BigGreg
The average fuel was showing 46.3mpg before the change. Reset ran it down to Dunbar and back at the weekend and now reading 57mpg but expect that to lower due the fact it was all Motorway there and back. Will keep an eye and report back.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3
You will always get an improvement in mpg with a tuning box because the engine calculates fuel injected by the injection duration and fuel pressure. As the fuel pressure has been increased by the tuning box, the ECU is providing fuel used info that is incorrect.
You would have to resort to filling the tank and recording the mileage to get accurate figures.

Karl.

You will always get an improvement in mpg with a tuning box because the engine calculates fuel injected by the injection duration and fuel pressure. As the fuel pressure has been increased by the tuning box, the ECU is providing fuel used info that is incorrect.
You would have to resort to filling the tank and recording the mileage to get accurate figures.

Karl.

Is that the same with a ECU remap?

Well done Greg ... I am sure you are going to love it :)

As for the fuel I have done fill to fill and my mpg has gone up ...

Cheers Anthony. Just blown away with my first few weeks of Audi ownership, but will have to stop spending for a bit as the wife is noticing too much. Even managed to get the SD card reader working with my iTunes MP3's, the Bang and Olufson sounds system is scary how good it is. Yes very happy. Not much still to do, but I have a few ideas festering. I'm sure you will read all about them. Good luck with your box.

Hi BigGreg, great to hear that you are enjoying the tuning box.

Please keep us updated with how you are getting on and please get in touch if you have any questions about your box.

Hi BigGreg, great to hear that you are enjoying the tuning box.

Please keep us updated with how you are getting on and please get in touch if you have any questions about your box.

Will do, so far so good. I really love it already, even makes the school drop more fun (especially after dropping them). Will keep you posted on progress and any issues that might arise.

Reactions: TDI-Tuning
As part of our continued development program, TDI Tuning regularly undertakes testing sessions at a number of non-affiliated dyno centres in order to constantly improve and measure the outputs produced by our tuning boxes.

We thought you would be interested to see some of this occurring and have recently dyno’ed both a 170PS Audi TT Quattro and a Euro 6 184PS Golf GTD DSG.

The full write up and results can be found on our blog, but we also produced a video on the TT for you to watch which includes the before and after graphs to show how power and torque has increased.

Volkswagen Golf GTD and Audi Diesel Tuning

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do, so far so good. I really love it already, even makes the school drop more fun (especially after dropping them). Will keep you posted on progress and any issues that might arise.

Is your DPF full yet ;)

Is your DPF full yet ;)
Why would it be full, thought these things did a regen? Are you saying a map is better then a tuning box, if so why? Goes like a flippin rocket by the way.

I put one on a Vauxhall 16v Dti and got the PDF light on within 1 tank of fuel! That went well, proper laugh for a few days.

As long ss you do some long ish trips Greg the DPF will regen and you will be fine I have done over 6000 miles on my box and everything is running just fine :)

As long ss you do some long ish trips Greg the DPF will regen and you will be fine I have done over 6000 miles on my box and everything is running just fine :)

Not worried mate, it seems like a good product. I take it the regen is when you very occasionally get some smoke out the exhaust?

We have another updated file for the 177 Tony, the next time youre passing pop in and ill update your box for you :)

Glad to see its still going well, ill be in touch as there's something new on the horizon that I'm sure will be of interest to you