TDI-Tuning SENT Box

GRE57Y

Reaction score
Hi All, just wondering if anyone has had any issues when fitting a TDI-Tuning box?

I fitted mine today but when I started the engine the idle was really low and it wouldn't allow me to rev in 'Park'. The car also sounded like it was about to cut out. Finally, the Coil light on the dashboard was also flashing.

Safe to say I've promptly removed the box and everything is back to normal.

If anyone has had issues please let me know what the problem was and how it was resolved?

Thanks,
James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All sorted

Glad you got it sorted, what was the issue?

As long as all the connectors are in the right places its usually advised to leave the car to run idle for a few mins while it adapts before taking it for a drive and then keep the revs under 3-4k for the first 10 or so miles just so everything adjusts and then you should be good to go and have fun with no warning lights :)

I've 2 spider tuning boxes on both my cars for 3 years now without a single issue and you can feel the difference (not quite a great quality remap difference but almost) it pains me when i have to take the box of for dealer service visits and it looses that edge.

Let us know how you get on with the box :)

The issue was the sensor they indicated to connect to wasn't clear and appeared to point at a different one! Luckily it didn't do any damage! Yeah the box is good- still doesn't feel like a remap I don't think but there are some gains...

Reactions: jojo
5c122b5ce847eb7b5975ec8d21a10800.png

The green arrow was pointing at a connection, but the connection needed is actually out of sight in the photo...

Last edited:
Reactions: jojo