TDI Induction kits/Panel Filters

mdre83

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted an induction kit or changed there panel filter on there TDI.

If so, can you notice much of a difference?

Also, which one have you installed?

:icon_thumright:

I wouldnt install an induction kit - it wont work basically

a panel filter is the way to go and they do work well on the TDI's

i have a green panel filter (£38 i think) and i do think throttle response is a bit better, i also have a remap and miltek cat back exhaust on mine

also, come service time, you will have to buy a new paper one where as with an aftermarket panel filter you can service and clean it yourself

id go for a green one!

Cheers mate :icon_thumright:

Ah! you've had the remap done, sure you were waiting the last time we spoke.
Which one did you go for?

Martin

I know its only panel but do they make an induction like noise?

Is yours a 140 or 170 Boydie?

Anyone know if a panel filter for the 140 will work just as well in a 170?

Yeah its a 140 - I will hopefully find out tonight what power the car is putting out this evening when I go to the rolling road!

I went for a local company remap - they have 100% positive feedback and i am very happy with it - cost £235 compared to revo's £499 plus mine was a local forum discount as well (usually £270)

hoping for 170-180bhp but if it doesnt reach that the guys will re-remap the car for me free of charge

as far as i am aware the 170 uses the same airbox as the 140 - the main difference between the engines is a DPF - deisel particulate filter (i think) and the ecu map

boydie - does this remamp company have a UK distributor? Still thinking about chipping my 170TDI.

Does the panel filter make much difference? Not sure if I'd want my 170 to be _even noisier_?!!

it wont get noisier - it will just let more air in!

no, they are just a local distributor for Northern Ireland but use a german company who change the stock maps on the cars - basically they copy the map from the car, email it to germany, they remap to stock map, email the new one back and then the company who i went to load it onto the car - simple!

as far as the 170bhp model is concerned, i dont think there are many, if any, safe maps for it yet!

I only have a 1.9 TDi (105bhp) but the K&N pannel filter has made a difference. Sounds and runs better. Cheap at 40 quid too!

Boydie said:
it wont get noisier - it will just let more air in!

no, they are just a local distributor for Northern Ireland but use a german company who change the stock maps on the cars - basically they copy the map from the car, email it to germany, they remap to stock map, email the new one back and then the company who i went to load it onto the car - simple!

as far as the 170bhp model is concerned, i dont think there are many, if any, safe maps for it yet!

What's the name of the German outfit and the Irish company you used? Just curious!

enclosed or not - induction kits do nothing for dervs!

i dont know the name of them but i can find out!

Boydie said:
as far as i am aware the 170 uses the same airbox as the 140 - the main difference between the engines is a DPF - deisel particulate filter (i think) and the ecu map

170 uses piezo injectors and has extra balancer shafts (whatever they are - according to steve184 in another post)

maars said:
Damn you sir!:motz:

I had a CDA on my V6 Clio and it sounded awesome. And sold it with the car :sadlike:
On a V6 awesome but on a diesel *****.
I had a cone on my A4 and the diesel intake noise was horrible.It came straight off and i put the original box back on with the paper filter and i didnt notice any difference in performance.

sounds ok, its not as loud as i expected but you do get the BAHOOOOO noise if you know what i mean when you build the pressure up with the throttle

smokes a bit more since you are getting rid of the extra back box but not that bad!