TDI fuel range

G

Gordo77

What sort of figures are people getting from a full tank... mine has gradually increased over the past 6 months... :icon_thumright:

42AB91FC-D523-46C3-A811-0EB70421E060-14488-0000060310BB37C5_zpse2cf7da0.jpg

Only done 100 miles so far so can't comment, be interested to know what you get to a tank. Consumption will have improved, but also the warmer weather certainly helps.

Mark

1st tank = 676 miles
2nd tank = 555 miles
3rd tank = 550 miles

I've been letting the fuel gauge get to 1 bar and then refilling. The last fill up I've let it get to the second bar only.

On average I'm getting circa 600 miles per tank of fuel. I'm happy with this.

I'm driving in auto mode. Not tried efficiency or dynamic to see how it affects.

Hope this info is of use.

Steve

Well Steve I'll be more than happy if my car achieves these figures. Did get 57 mpg on a 35 mile run mainly motorway at 75mph,car hadn't even done 100 miles then.

Mark

Reactions: SJW
I'm pretty happy with those figures too, given I only get 300 miles out my current car!

Reactions: markwiggy
The quoted MPG figures by Audi (2TDI) are not achieveable for me and I doubt anybody else will achieve such figures based on traffic/state of the roads and other conditions in the UK. If you do, please do let me know.

I have just racked up 2000 miles within 4 weeks (collected the car on the 25th May) and fortunately that has been driving on motorways and 'A' roads where traffic flow has been relatively kind to me. I have had more fun with the car putting my footdown which will explain the falling totals of the latter fill ups in my previous post.

Having driven cars fuelled by petrol for most of my driving life (the last two cars achieving approximately 26-30 MPG on average), I am happy paying slightly more for diesel and getting near to double the MPG. The beauty of the 2TDI engine is I can now sacrifice MPG by having fun (footdown more) and still have better economy. It is still early days with the engine so hopefully will improve on the current figures.

By the way, Texaco are knocking out standard diesel the cheapest for me at 135.9 per litre, given most garages charge between 139.9-142.9 per litre.

Well Steve I'll be more than happy if my car achieves these figures. Did get 57 mpg on a 35 mile run mainly motorway at 75mph,car hadn't even done 100 miles then.

Mark

Mark, I think the MPG with the 2TDI is great and coupled with the torque/performance of the same engine makes for a great mix. I am sure you will be happy with the 2TDI like I am.

I'm pretty happy with those figures too, given I only get 300 miles out my current car!

You will not be disappointed Cemerson once you get your car and experience similar results, unless you drive everywhere like Michael Schumacher taking the checkered flag!!! Seriously, you will not regret your choice of engine. ;)

Reactions: cemerson
Mark, I think the MPG with the 2TDI is great and coupled with the torque/performance of the same engine makes for a great mix. I am sure you will be happy with the 2TDI like I am.

I am very happy to be honest, the car is much quicker than I expected my last car RR Evoque 190 bhp is supposed to be quicker on the 0-60 dash 8.0sec compared to 8.6sec for the A3, the A3 feels much quicker. As for MPG combined I was seeing an average of 29 for the Evoque (driving like a nun) and my A3 having only covered 150 miles is already showing an average of 49.7,happy Days.
I totally agree with you about the engine, it's a belter, so smooth and torquey, it has really exceeded my expectations.

Mark

Reactions: hittchy and SJW
The quoted MPG figures by Audi (2TDI) are not achieveable for me and I doubt anybody else will achieve such figures based on traffic/state of the roads and other conditions in the UK. If you do, please do let me know.

I have just racked up 2000 miles within 4 weeks (collected the car on the 25th May) and fortunately that has been driving on motorways and 'A' roads where traffic flow has been relatively kind to me. I have had more fun with the car putting my footdown which will explain the falling totals of the latter fill ups in my previous post.

Having driven cars fuelled by petrol for most of my driving life (the last two cars achieving approximately 26-30 MPG on average), I am happy paying slightly more for diesel and getting near to double the MPG. The beauty of the 2TDI engine is I can now sacrifice MPG by having fun (footdown more) and still have better economy. It is still early days with the engine so hopefully will improve on the current figures.

By the way, Texaco are knocking out standard diesel the cheapest for me at 135.9 per litre, given most garages charge between 139.9-142.9 per litre.

I'm using premium unleaded in my car (it really does make a difference) so the price difference will be even less for me too :)

I've been getting so much better fuel economy out of the 2.0 TDI A3 than my 1.6 TDI A1. I have been averaging around 55-60mpg but have been up to 64mpg (my A1 averaged about 50). I also seem to be visiting the fuel station less often (though maybe it has a bigger tank!).

How much does the 2.0 tdi cost to fill? Not done it yet still on free fuel

55 litre tank your looking at around £75 on current cost of diesel

Apologies the 2.0 TDI is the 50 litre tank,they all have 50 litre tanks apart from the 1.8 TFSI Quattro.
So you'll be looking at around £68 to fill her up

More than I'm used to but then much better economy afterwards :)

This is true!mind you my astra takes £65 to fill up and I only get 330 miles out of it,horrendous!Roll on a week on Friday!

I spend £50 for about 300 miles (mostly less than that... it's frustrating!)

Well hopefully I will see more of the 500's than the 400's! My drive to work is a mix but due to shifts never get stuck in traffic much! Last car was ridiculously good on fuel but then no fun to drive!

Definitely going to be getting the best of both worlds with the Audi engines :D

I am very happy to be honest, the car is much quicker than I expected my last car RR Evoque 190 bhp is supposed to be quicker on the 0-60 dash 8.0sec compared to 8.6sec for the A3, the A3 feels much quicker. As for MPG combined I was seeing an average of 29 for the Evoque (driving like a nun) and my A3 having only covered 150 miles is already showing an average of 49.7,happy Days.
I totally agree with you about the engine, it's a belter, so smooth and torquey, it has really exceeded my expectations.

Mark

how was ur experience with the rr evoque dynamic?

Enjoying the mpg so far (still under 1000 miles). On a run on motorway and A roads am seeing high 50s mpg and without driving like a complete old fogie. I have the 2.0 tdi sportback. Reckon on a smooth run once run in it will do over 60 mpg.

how was ur experience with the rr evoque dynamic?

lovely car, looked fantastic and the interior was lovely,downside was the awful auto gearbox you didn't know what it was going to do from one moment to the next. Performance was very good and the handling was superb, like driving a hot hatch. The fuel consumption was pants, LR figures gave combined cycle of 47mpg I averaged 29mpg over 12 months driving like a nun, if I sat at 70mph it would just nudge 40 mpg on a good day which isn't to bad, if I went to 80 mph it would do 32 mpg.i was getting similar mpg from my S3 but that was enjoying the power most of the time. Also had non start battery issues with the Evoque, was sorted by a recall.
Basically it was an itch I needed to scratch, so been there and done it and got rid before the **** falls out of them financially.

It's nice to be back in a Audi !

Mark

lovely car, looked fantastic and the interior was lovely,downside was the awful auto gearbox you didn't know what it was going to do from one moment to the next. Performance was very good and the handling was superb, like driving a hot hatch. The fuel consumption was pants, LR figures gave combined cycle of 47mpg I averaged 29mpg over 12 months driving like a nun, if I sat at 70mph it would just nudge 40 mpg on a good day which isn't to bad, if I went to 80 mph it would do 32 mpg.i was getting similar mpg from my S3 but that was enjoying the power most of the time. Also had non start battery issues with the Evoque, was sorted by a recall.
Basically it was an itch I needed to scratch, so been there and done it and got rid before the **** falls out of them financially.

It's nice to be back in a Audi !

Mark

my wife wants one would u recommend it? What are residuals, service costs and build quality like?

my wife wants one would u recommend it? What are residuals, service costs and build quality like?

Apart from my criticisms I would recommend them, I enjoyed my 12 months in the car, you certainly get lots of attention and looks, mine was Orkney Grey with black pano roof and it looked the nuts to be honest. I had no issues with build quality, servicing was quite steep, 1st service was quoted £400, got it for £320 in the end. Residuals are going to take a knock soon, if they havnt done already, i got rid quick as i saw it coming so lost very little. Reasons are a new 9 speed auto box is soon available and dealers now have stock cars available so there goes the long waiting list. The first 12-18 months residuals were excellent, you could run a Evoque for 12 months and pretty much get your money back.

Hope this helps

Mark

Reactions: Dakid007
Apart from my criticisms I would recommend them, I enjoyed my 12 months in the car, you certainly get lots of attention and looks, mine was Orkney Grey with black pano roof and it looked the nuts to be honest. I had no issues with build quality, servicing was quite steep, 1st service was quoted £400, got it for £320 in the end. Residuals are going to take a knock soon, if they havnt done already, i got rid quick as i saw it coming so lost very little. Reasons are a new 9 speed auto box is soon available and dealers now have stock cars available so there goes the long waiting list. The first 12-18 months residuals were excellent, you could run a Evoque for 12 months and pretty much get your money back.

Hope this helps

Mark

thx mate

I've been getting so much better fuel economy out of the 2.0 TDI A3 than my 1.6 TDI A1. I have been averaging around 55-60mpg but have been up to 64mpg (my A1 averaged about 50). I also seem to be visiting the fuel station less often (though maybe it has a bigger tank!).

My A1 was actually ok on fuel economy (TDI Sport), but the fact I'm getting the same mpg from a faster and quicker 2.0 TDI is quite impressive!!

Reactions: SJW and markwiggy