Tdi build thread

Looks like over €28 to main cities so probably works out the same as what your being quoted over there.

Learned today the my a4 is from the uk originally,probably explains the merlin purple on a TDI bit :)

So these arrived today :) just gotta gets discs and pads next and then it's swapped to 312mm

I was thinking or maybe a ceramic sump guard?probebly not much use though :lick:

Reactions: S4_dan
ive been toying with the idea of starting a build thread since joining and now seems like the right time to start.

I bought the car over 3 years ago and have been through many changes with it so far.the real fun begins now!

Heres some pics of when i first got it View attachment 54325View attachment 54326 View attachment 54327View attachment 54329
View attachment 54330 View attachment 54331 View attachment 54332 View attachment 54333 View attachment 54334
Hi mate was those rs6 alloys 19 inch?

Ordered a set of b5.5 Passat aero wiper arms today for €40,I really think they clean up our b5s I'll get pics up when they're fitted

Finally fitted the Passat b5.5 wiper arms,what do you guys think?

Reactions: Chris670
These arrived today,but off surface rust where the guy who bought them cleaned the protective oil off but then they didn't fit,got them at an absolute bargain price of €55 for the pair,so all in my 312mm upgrade has cost €155 including pads and a caliper rebuild kit,hopefully get a change to go at them today or tomorrow but we're in the middle of looking for a place to live so it might need to get out on hold,like the service,cam belt,intercooler and turbo :pensive:

You haven't seen my fronts after a month of not moving the car.

312mm discs and carriers fitted this evening and even before they've bedded in I can feel the difference,well worth the money!

Reactions: jbh
How long do you reckon it'll take to bed them in right?believe it or not this is the first time I've ever put new pads and discs on at the same time :sorry:

Fitted this yesterday evening,turbo definitely spools faster but I noticed boost creep this morning on WOT during longer pulls.

I wouldn't imagine it was constructed by someone with access to the correct flow measuring tools :blink: surely has to be better flowing than the cat though?

I should have left it out and got my mate to make a better one out of stainless,maybe when I'm swapping to the vnt20 I'll get him to make one up using proper bends,I got him to make my intercooler pipe work

His work is flawless and all done correctly ie using pressurised argon inside to stop drop ins and it's at mate rates too so win-win

Fitted this twin to the straight pipe this morning,definitely makes the back end that bit fresher

And I know it needs a detail in a desperate way,even a glaze at this stage would do :(

So this happened since last being on here,the vnt20 turbo was causing to much headache so I found a bv43 in need of rebuild for €60 and snapped it up,the chra is from a local company with the usual 12 month warranty for €165,pretty happy with that to be honest,now on to fitting it!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbh