tdi 140 tuning

rickyquicky

Reaction score
you guys have probablt read this 1000 times before...

am looking to get my a3 chipped, and i know a guy who does car diagnostics/mileage correction/fault codes etc. He says that he can remap my car to 170 BHP with his equipment for £250 which is obviously cheap.

would you trust this? or is my money better spent with a 'proper' company? and who would you recommend? i want the most power! :arco:

u can easly have 180-185 bhp... but that depense on condition of your car, what map and which tunning company is doing this...

ok thanks guys.

so would you trust this guy thats offering this cheap remap?

and how you get 180-185 bhp? mines in good condition, runs perfectly, all audi service etc etc, so mine would probably see maximum benefit too, what chip/remap gave you that sort of power luke?

there are propper tuning company's which will remap your car to its full potential for near that price with just a remap.

i've had mine done by chipped uk for £299 and mine is around 185 with 300lbs torque

it makes such a difference and will make you smile

go with the company with a good reputation

i went to see guys from celtic tuning and they did job very well. their gains estimations are quite precise. they got plenty maps and they will try to choose best one for you. they are doing mobile tunning so it sould not be a problem. i live in somerset but i wanted to drive there and back to see difference. and i got massive difference. iif i was in your position i would go for well known company. it may cost you few more quid but screwing your car will be more expensive:) its a common sense isn't? i paid 300 quid and do not regret. there may be a few more tunners offering similar gains. i know one tunner from london able to deliver 200 bhp but it may after your turbo and clutch badly. ive done 5k so far after remap and nothing going wrong. put preformance airfilter and that will give even more torgue. put sport exhaust and your turbo will be going on after 1000 revs. but remember be sensible with everything you do and the way you drive after. there is nothing for free... the same with computers - you overlocking procesor and by doing this you maybe cutting his designed lengh of life:) any more questions just ask. one last thing you gonna love the torque after remap and that geforce in your back when you put foot down:)

thanks guys, have spoken to chipped UK, got a deal on for £299, and an extra £40 quid for a rolling road. they reckon it should give an extra 40bhp

- sounds good to me! :racer: :busted_cop:

yes:)) after i put downpipe it increased. before that i had 188 bhp and 335.8 lb/ft which guys from vacoc could see when we went on rolling road day in southampton

The down pipes work like a treat did mine on my 150gttdi golf and the difference in responce and spooling was amazing plus also help with prolonging turbo life because its less choked up so less exhaust warm gases hanging round,to be honest its a must in my opinion when mapping a diesel,even though airfilters on these are a waste of snap and show no gains in bhp

I'm looking to do a few things too. Currently all standard. What downpipe would you recommend and what order of performance improvements after a remap?

thanks

yes:)) after i put downpipe it increased. before that i had 188 bhp and 335.8 lb/ft which guys from vacoc could see when we went on rolling road day in southampton

You got a rolling road printouts to post up? You got uprated clutch

I would be very interested in seeing that RR printout as well. If your car does make 335lb torque with only 188bhp i bet it smokes like a bitch and has a massive torque spike.

n8kow i havent put uprated clutch in my car at least previous owner did but do not know anything about i pmed you my printout before i put downpipe

ok i put for everyone:) and does not smoke like a bitch:)
scan0004.jpg

celtic tunning did the map. why people do not believe me:(

It`s not the bhp as that is spot on but if you check the three main tuning companys Revo,Custom Code,Superchips they all quote 185-190 bhp but 290-300lb torque.
http://custom-code.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1151&Itemid=121

http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=605

http://www.superchips.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&task=searchcat&Itemid=134

Your now quoting 347lb torque which is the same as what most people with a good map on a stage 2 hybrid turbo are producing ?

Celtic Tuning themselfs only quote 185bhp and 310 lb torque on there own web site.
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/Car Tuning/vehicles/audi/Audi-a3-mk2-ecu-remap-chip-engine-tuning.html

I am not having a go at your car and you can only go by the figures that are printed on a piece of paper after your car has been on a dyno but the figures just don`t add up especially if your car doesn`t smoke as that turbo must be pushed way past it`s efficency and have the injectors opened to the max low down to get that sort of torque figure from a standard GT1749V turbo.

im confused now. so what is wrong then?????? i got green aiffilter and milltek exhaust thats it...

Like i said if you have a dyno graph givern to you of your car which your willing to post up for everyone to see your just quoting the numbers you have on the paper so it`s not your fault. You car might be making those sort of figures but it just seems very unlikely since nobody else i have ever haerd of has reach those sort of torque figures without maxing out the injectors early on in the rev range and flooding the engine which makes for a very smokey map. Get the car put on a few other dyno`s and go prove me wrong. :friends:

mikey i will go on dyno again but not for prove, for comparison to the last one. how can i check if i got some uprated parts?