TCU Tune with Stage 2?

TomBlueS3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m going Stage 2 Revo in the near future (just waiting for their overrun map to be released - it’s imminent!).

How important is a TCU/DSG map when going Stage 2? Mainly in relation to clamping pressures.

Is it safe/advisable to run S2 with no TCU tune?

Cheers!

Hey, ok so I’m a bit biased when it comes to this (APR vs REVO). Why don’t you have a read of this; http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/tcu_upgrade_dq250_mqb.html

For me APR are always SO MUCH MORE technical and analytical in their approach compared to Revo.

In regards APR terms, if you want the full capabilities of your ECU map without hurting your car.. go TCU as well. Heck just go APR all together

APR Stage 2+

Reactions: TomBlueS3
Hi, did you get the TCU tune in the end on the Revo S2? Appreciate any response as I’m about to do the same. Also did you bother getting a intercooler ?

thanks

Hi all,

I’m going Stage 2 Revo in the near future (just waiting for their overrun map to be released - it’s imminent!).

How important is a TCU/DSG map when going Stage 2? Mainly in relation to clamping pressures.

Is it safe/advisable to run S2 with no TCU tune?

Cheers!

Personally I would TCU tune every ECU tune - it will accommodate the map better and protect your gearbox

For the record I am Stage 3 Revo for both ECU and TCU tunes

Hi, did you get the TCU tune in the end on the Revo S2? Appreciate any response as I’m about to do the same. Also did you bother getting a intercooler ?

thanks

The intercooler is quite a lot of money but its worth it for the more sustained performance it offers, especially in warmer weather and running stage 2 levels of boost.