1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

TC kicking in for no reason

michaelg1001 Jul 1, 2015

1. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Registered User

Morning chaps

Had my rear control arms changed on Monday (at a not too unreasonable price given how seized they were) and twice the traction control has seemed to kick in for no reason.

It's on a stretch of road I use daily, a lovely hot, dry day and not a hint of wheel spin at all, wasn't even giving it the beans!

I've tried to make it do it and I can't, so it's not even predictable

Wondering if the garage have moved the abs sensor and it's now not sat properly or something?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

maybe your alignment is now incorrect and you've got a bit less traction?

The ESP will kick in when it detects wheel slip, which will typically happen before you yourself notice it, so what you describe isnt particularly unusual.

I think all you can do is inspect the driveshaft reluctors and sensors etc. Its likely the sensors will be completely siezed in place, the likelyhood of them accidentally disturbing them is low, but perhaps they might have damaged them trying to get them out?

4. michaelg1001

michaelg1001 Registered User

Well the next job is to swap the bolts out for the camber adjustment on the back and then go for the 4 wheel alignment, so that may solve it. I'll have a check of abs bits at the same time, still not sorted the probable abs ring on the back either though.