Taxi driver with A6 saying hello

audiman786

Reaction score
Hi guys, purchased my 2015 A6 Ultra S Line 3 weeks ago to use a private hire vehicle.

Always had a thing for the A6 however I was always told by other drivers to get something more sensible for the job, so I had 2 passats both of which have been great however I always had the itch to get myself an Audi. 3 weeks ago got sick of looking at other people’s cars and finally went and got one, the customers absolutely love it!

It was a 1 owner with full audi history, showing 112k miles at the time. It’s been in taxi for a week and a half now and it’s now on 114k miles.

There was no proof of the cambelt being done, and as far as I’m concerned I am more comfortable with it being done at 100k miles so to me it was overdue despite Audi saying it didn’t need replacing until 140k miles. TPS was only delivering to account customers because of Covid19 so was unable to buy genuine parts like I did with my Passat’s. So I bought Gates cambelt kit and waterpump with 5w30 oil and a Bosch oil filter as I thought it was better than nothing, all in parts cost me £160. Mechanic charged me £200 labour to fit it, Iv got plans to replace the oil and all the filters using genuine Audi parts at 120k miles (service will be every 10k miles after this).

the S tronic gearbox was apparently serviced by Audi at 109k miles, wasn’t sure if I should change it again every 30k miles due to the way taxis get used (8-12 hour shifts depending how busy it is) or stick to the Audi’s recommendation of 38k miles.

I think it’s a good looking car and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have made a good purchase. Any advice on maintenance would be really appreciated.

Zee