Tattoos?

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Who has got them? How painful is it?

I have booked in to get one done on June 2nd. Just wanna see what people that already have them say what it was like getting it done.

Pain varies for different people I think. Mine felt like someone dragging a needle 3-4mm deep through my arm. Some compare it to being scratched by a cat.

Certain parts of your body are more sensitive than other areas too so would also depend where you are getting it.

from what i can remember (i've had it 12yrs) it wasnt that bad. although i did have it on my shoulder, but it did smart a little when doing fine detail on no fat areas...

Id love an angel with the words "I Love James "on each wing...id probably have it above a breast or my ankle...but I wouldnt get it done if it hurt.:blownose:

arthurfuxake said:
Sovo's, gold chains and the "Best Of Amy Whineouse" next? You'll be swapping the audi for a scooby too soon mate.:no:

Was acctually thinking of a blob eye WRX STi for my next car as B6 A4's are too pricey!!!!

Getting it on the top half outward facing part of my arm. So nice an fleshy. Herd its pretty bad if its boney!

been wanting to do a thread on tattoos for ages but keep forgeting!

japanese or yakuza styles are the only ways to go though... :cool:

japanese.jpg

yakuza_tattoo.jpg

13154.jpg

tattoo-japan.jpg

**** that crap! imagine you got dug up a few 1000 years after being buried they would be like WTF was this guy on!

Hot Stuff said:
Id love an angel with the words "I Love James "on each wing...id probably have it above a breast or my ankle...but I wouldnt get it done if it hurt.:blownose:
Cool.

Without meaning to cause too much offence, I think that tatoos are for cackers and trailer trash. Never seen a nice one either - just think about all those fools who had 'celtic bands' and barbed wire tatooed on their arms 10+ years ago. I bet the vast majority regret having them done.

I agree with Silver 75 though - if you're going to have be tatooed, at least go for something full-on than a cliched 'dolphin on the shoulder' or devil on your ****. :nyah:

I haven't got any tattoos - not my thing.

I agree with Tim.

Personally, I don't like them. Ex has plenty of tattoos, my cousins and girlfriends got some. They said didn't hurt. You don't know until you get it done.

Agree with Tim too, I think they are so often done as short sighted ideas or fashion reasons. Never seen a tatto I really liked or thought I'd ever want one. People have showed me ones they've had done and while I appreciated the artistry and designs on some, I just dont like them on skin :p

Same with (other than ear) body piercings, I just don't understand them - they offer no purpose and you're just tainting your body for life. I guess if you hate your body that much, but I'm quite happy with mine and have no desire to draw all over it or punch holes in weird and wonderfull places :p

I have one its a 10" Oriental Dragon on my right upper arm, and yes it did hurtbut i'm glad I had it done, just make sure you keep good care of it, and by that I mean don't scrub it with a rough sponge etc and make sure you apply sunblock to it if its exposed to the sun, otherwise all the thin lines will end up really thick and ****** looking

At least with piercing you can remove it when it gets old. Tats look good when their fresh & on young flesh, but hideous when you're knocking on 40+.
If you must scar bits of your body go for a great white shark bite across the shoulder, much more impressive.

tracer said:
so you've decided what your getting then...?

Mauori Style Tribal design. Must stress not the chavy tribal tattoos of a few years back.

Tattoo's can be removed! I think 20+ years from now they will come up with a painless method too.

**** me that must have taken ages.

Speaking to the guy thats doing mine seemingly its going to take a few sittings! Man the wallet is gonna take a pounding.

Tattoos do take time,ive got one on the top of my arm took 4 hours,****** hurt aswell.

Have a tattoo of an elephant.. that way if you do get old and wrinkly it wouldn't look too unsightly.

"Tattoo's can be removed! I think 20+ years from now they will come up with a painless method too."
Think it'll take more than 5 seconds though

This is my main tattoo. Also got a dragon on my right arm. It's not really worth takin a pic of. The only bit that i thought was uncomfortable with the 1 on my back was when he went across the my spine. Kinda made my bones rattle a bit :confused:

DSC00664.jpg

Keep thinking of going for another to cover the dragon up. Something similar to what's on my back. Prob staring at the top of my arm then ending at the elbow

Craig :cool:

arthurfuxake said:
Sovo's, gold chains and the "Best Of Amy Whineouse" next? You'll be swapping the audi for a scooby too soon mate.:no:

Oh my gawd!!! Heaven forbid somebody who owns an Audi having a tattoo!! It's not the done thing!!

Stuck up or what!! :rolleyes:

BTW, i can't stand Amy whatsherface or gold chains & there's certainly nowt wrong wi Scoobs.

I must be a Scooby lovin tattood lowlife who isn't suitable for your Vorsprung Dik Testicles ;)

Craig :cool:

Ming Blue said:
Have a tattoo of an elephant.. that way if you do get old and wrinkly it wouldn't look too unsightly.
If,i think you mean when and when i do get old and wrinkly i wont really care what my tattoo's look like.

james0808 said:
If,i think you mean when and when i do get old and wrinkly i wont really care what my tattoo's look like.

good for you!

Beerzo said:
**** me that must have taken ages
Aye, 5 Hours non-stop :) (abroad :p )

Me other arm\ shoulders took alot longer in one sitting, lots of beer helped mind :)

Post up a pic when you got urs!

bigollieg said:
Aye, 5 Hours non-stop :) (abroad :p )

Me other arm\ shoulders took alot longer in one sitting, lots of beer helped mind :)

Post up a pic when you got urs!

Will be a good while away the guy is booked solid till June, but will deffo get it posted up once its completed.

james0808 said:
Not people who havent.

Right James, I think I know what you're on about now :tocktock:

All who have posted on this thread and DO NOT HAVE A TATTOO - your views are not required!

:no::asskicking:

Ming Blue said:
Right James, I think I know what you're on about now :tocktock:

All who have posted on this thread and DO NOT HAVE A TATTOO - your views are not required!

:no::asskicking:
Thats exactly right,how can you comment on what its like to have a tatoo done when you dont have one.
Beerzo said:
Just wanna see what people that already have them say what it was like getting it done.

ALREADY HAVE THEM.
If not.:tapedshut:

I dont see what relevance you not likeing tattoo's has to do with this thread.

this is a discussion forum, where people can discuss. I dont own an S3 but I have advice on them...does that mean I can't post in the S3 section when someone has asked something ? NO

I don't have tat's, does that mean I can't post here ?

I think you can guess what the answer is !

NO !

Olly_K said:
I dont own an S3 but I have advice on them..

As the thread starter wanted to know about the pain and what it's like to get one,can anyone tell him if they havent had one.

I think you can guess what the answer is !
NO.