Tarox, EBC, brembo or black Diamond

fasteddie

Reaction score
OK, so I read the other string but I missed the bit where somebody puts there head on the block and says which to go for. I am going for grooved, no drilling holes or casts, just grooves. So the question is Grooved and pitted (Brembo) or just grooved Tar.ox, EBC Black diamond, Red Dot. Anybody really pick between them and where can I go to get best prices. Thanks.

Oh a seperate note I have weird wear on my front pads, near side worn down to a grinding noise the off side has plenty of pad left - is this problem likely to be caliper related or pad related and how can I check it? I have red stuff pads on and standard disks & Calipers.

Cheers

red dot and tar.ox are good red dot are made in the uk so would be cheaper than tar.ox, ebc are also good, brembro are great depends on your budget if you dont want to spend loads then look at red dot and ebc but only use red stuff pads. if you dont mind spending more go tar.ox or brembos, if you decide to go black diamond which are a standard disc that get holes or grooves added then a lick of paint dont use the prediator pad its rubbish, my mate warped black diamonds on his bmw330 ci.
Your pad wear is due to either a warped disc due to hard harsh slowing down, it not being fitted correctly or worn bushes that when you apply your brakes one side get more pressure from the car weight than the other.

when you changed your brakes change your fluid if not been done in the last two years use dot 5.1.

Thanks for that, just one question on the subject of my uneven pad wear when you said it could be due to ill fitment, is that fitment of the pads or disk? Also the bushes you talked about these would be suspension related bushes?? I did have them checked around the time of the pad fitment (Nov 05) all were fine, may be it is warped discs as i had a brake judder problem at the nurburgring the last time i was there.

brake judder would suggest that either you have warped disc which is common when braking hard and possible a worn or knackard bush yes a susbension bush. it would be the fitting of the pads if they wasn't fitted when the disc's where but you could of fitted new pads to a bad disc. when buying your new disc go for a disc which can take a high temp (your disc will get very hot when giving it alot of stick) and defently change your brake fluid if you cant do this yourself a tyre shop or back street garage will do this for less than £45 but tell them you want dot 5.1 this has a higher temp rating.