Tardis

nally

MPG the new BPH
Reaction score
Hi peeps
It's a bit cold to wash my car considering its -3. I have just got some tardis 1ltr, what mix do I use ? Looking at using it on the car and wheels.
Is it supposed to smell like turps ?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I washed mine earlier at -1 and it was a pain in the *** to dry, the water was freezing as I tried to towel it off! Managed eventually, and treated it to a top up coat of jetseal ready for the snow. Never used tarsus though mate, so can't help there.

lol just read the topic heading ( ****** iphone)
heres the link it ****** stinks i thought you dull it down but am not sure now ?

Hi peeps
It's a bit cold to wash my car considering its -3. I have just got some tarsus 1ltr, what mix do I use ? Looking at using it on the car and wheels.
Cheers

Hey matey just use it neat don't dilute...

Ash

Ohh and it's tardis were you using an iPhone or iPad that auto corrected it.

Reactions: nally
Tardis is the best stuff ive ever used.

Its a bit annoying, but the best way i found to use it was to wash your car first, your usual wash method, dry it off, then using a chemical resistant bottle,( it will eat through spray heads) spray mist the tardis on each pannell, one at a time, working your way up lightly misting the pannell, dont soak, and dont go as far as your window rubber. you should see the tar starting to run down the car, then mist a soft cotton cloth and lightly wipe the tar off your car.white is best so you can see whats coming off. DONT apply any pressure, you could damage your top coat. Tar has micro grit in it so be careful.
if you need to, for heavier tar deposits, reapply tardis, wait a little longer and same process. never rub hard, you've been warned !!
Dont forget to rinse your car off after too, best bet, blast of snow foam, then rinse and dry. The Tardis can stain if you leave it dry on a hot day, not that we get many !!!! Tardis is water soluable so will run off.

Tardis will pretty much strip your wax protection too so dont forget to give a quick rub of polish, and reapply your wax or sealant.

Padraic

Ah Tardis!! I did a search for Tarsus lol could find anything!

Lots use it, I prefer Valet Pro Citrus Tar and Glue remover works as well and smells divine unlike Tardis

Cheers for your help everyone. I got this by mistake I thought this was the stuff that turns red ( ironx). But wasted with back cars in the household. Ahhh well, it's not worth sending back by the time postage is paid.
Whist on the sub I need an apc looking at nonsense ( chem guys) as an interior cleaner and a stronger mix for engin, bugs ect. Will this be ok ?

Cheers for your help everyone. I got this by mistake I thought this was the stuff that turns red ( ironx). But wasted with back cars in the household. Ahhh well, it's not worth sending back by the time postage is paid.
Whist on the sub I need an apc looking at nonsense ( chem guys) as an interior cleaner and a stronger mix for engin, bugs ect. Will this be ok ?

Autosmart G101 is another alternative to the CG apc. I would imagine it is quite a bit cheaper as well, I paid £13 for a gallon of G101 a few months back

Autosmart G101 is another alternative to the CG apc. I would imagine it is quite a bit cheaper as well, I paid £13 for a gallon of G101 a few months back
agreed g101 is just as good as CG pac and a dam sight cheaper too

Limited on space so need to order in 1 ltr. Max its a pain thing I am gonna go with chrm guys stuff, cheers everyone.
Here's another 1 for u lol need some 500ml sprayers ? Can get 1 ltr all day but cant seem to find many 500's

Limited on space so need to order in 1 ltr. Max its a pain thing I am gonna go with chrm guys stuff, cheers everyone.
Here's another 1 for u lol need some 500ml sprayers ? Can get 1 ltr all day but cant seem to find many 500's
Juicy Jen sells them on her site mate.

Hi peeps
It's a bit cold to wash my car considering its -3. I have just got some tardis 1ltr, what mix do I use ? Looking at using it on the car and wheels.
Cheers

Tardis should only be shipped in 5litre metal tins.

There are some traders on a certain auction site who will decant it into plastic containers.

Firstly, there have been cases where it's been diluted, secondly, to ship it in a plastic bottle is against the law (Dangerous Goods handling and shipping regs.). (Thirdly, many of these traders are sending it by Royal Mail which is also illegal).

Autosmart are working with Trading Standards to stop this and Trading Standards are, we believe, taking this very seriously.

If neat Tardis is being sent, wrongly packaged & unlabelled, via Royal Mail, and it leaks..... well it'll dissolve tar so what it'd do to a postie's hands, I don't know.

(We sell Tardis, in 5litre metal tins, with free, properly labelled, delivery and, this month, with a free chemical spray head and bottle, for £21. It'll keep for years if you don't use a huge amount of it)

:)

+1 on the G101. Savage stuff, can be used inside the whole car and on the outside too. Cheap and can use as strong or as weak as you like :)

Last edited: