Talk xenons

Bucks_Audi

Audi S4 B8 Avant, A4 Avant B7
Reaction score
Hi guys as many of you probably know the xenons are awful on the RS3 8P anyone had a decent improvement with just bulbs if so what are they?

Hi guys as many of you probably know the xenons are awful on the RS3 8P anyone had a decent improvement with just bulbs if so what are they?

I have the Bi-Xenon lights on our 2017 Golf R with Corning-Lights and truthfully they do an A-OK job to us.

I have a 2019 RS-3 see window sticker below that has the LED lights.
They also work A-OK.

I could easily live with either to be honest about it.

Terry

d92c0d7904adaf3798a6c4de76612bf6.plist

I’ve purchased these which I’ll be fitting this week. Seems to be Philips VS osram but the Philips won it for me being a cooler light so gives a nicer white light compared to the oem alternative osram.

Be careful when buying aftermarket bulbs as there are a lot of fakes online. I purchased mine from a Philips distributor and came in around £130 delivered.

JayA3sline - Please post your results on here mate as I'm in the middle of looking at revamping the headlights also as mine are bad too and I was going to buy the bulbs you've just purchased.

I think bulbs will make a difference but the main problem is the actual projector its self, they age just like bulbs which is why i'm thinking of getting in touch with Em Tuning to see a price for new projectors and bulbs and to see whats involved in the whole process. :icon thumright:

JayA3sline - Please post your results on here mate as I'm in the middle of looking at revamping the headlights also as mine are bad too and I was going to buy the bulbs you've just purchased.

I think bulbs will make a difference but the main problem is the actual projector its self, they age just like bulbs which is why i'm thinking of getting in touch with Em Tuning to see a price for new projectors and bulbs and to see whats involved in the whole process. :icon thumright:
Also like to see the results of those bulbs, I have also contacted em tuning in the past about having the lights done, but it gets on for nearly 1k

Jay - Did you get round to fitting these? If so how do they perform? :icon thumright:

Jay - Did you get round to fitting these? If so how do they perform? :icon thumright:

I’ve been so busy doing other bits. Not forgotten, I’m planning to attack this week definitely.

I also messaged trups and he said that a booster can be applied to these D3S bulbs which takes away some of the whiteness and makes it back to oem brightness but it’s 20% better performance. See attached image with booster with Philips lamps.

6a11cf1a867e07bccdf1ac67b6f7a47b.jpg
9d76e5e02e066ec35516281fb9cbda62.jpg

Sounds great to me, keep us updated on how you get on and also with the booster on prices etc as i'll definitely be interested and could maybe get a group buy going if we get enough people as I think most people will agree, the lights are absolutely pants.

As for the whiteness, i quite like the look of it. Always thought OEM has too much of a warm colour to it and wanted something crisp and 'newer' looking but also which performs well.

Are those photos both high and low beam?

Sorry for the questions but standard are D2S bulbs aren't they? Are D3S a direct replacement and is there any difference between the two? The only difference I can find online is that the D3S has no mercury I believe but not sure how that impacts on bulb performance.

Sounds great to me, keep us updated on how you get on and also with the booster on prices etc as i'll definitely be interested and could maybe get a group buy going if we get enough people as I think most people will agree, the lights are absolutely pants.

As for the whiteness, i quite like the look of it. Always thought OEM has too much of a warm colour to it and wanted something crisp and 'newer' looking but also which performs well.

Are those photos both high and low beam?

Sorry for the questions but standard are D2S bulbs aren't they? Are D3S a direct replacement and is there any difference between the two? The only difference I can find online is that the D3S has no mercury I believe but not sure how that impacts on bulb performance.

No the bottom photo is the Philips D3S bulbs and the top image is the Philips D3S bulbs with the boosters which are £135 delivered.

As I say the Philips are 4800kelvin and the oem are 4300k however with the boosters it will bring the Philips back down to 4300k so same colour just better performance.

To be honest I’m going to see how these are in real life before committing to the boosters. I think the boosters make them look a bit hazy tbh.

Finally replaced the lights today as I had respray my FMIC as it started flaking.

The Philips are obviously a much cooler light in comparison. Obviously haven’t gone anyway to prove what visibility is like but it’s an improvement

Reactions: RS3-Rob
Sounds good, I'll be getting round to doing mine in the near future, just currently replacing some suspension parts. Did the old bulbs look like they was discoloured / burnt and reducing light output? I'm tempted to replace the projector while i'm at it and maximise the brightness but need to get some prices. Get some pics up when you get a minute mate :icon thumright: