Talk to me about the Revo SPS switch...

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Now I've gone to Revo Stage 2+ I want to be able to change the settings to ensure the car is running at its best whatever the situation (increase in air temps etc). I'll be doing this by doing some data logging on VCDS to see how the settings affect timing pull ect.

So can I just buy a switch and plug into laptop/car and away I go, or does the switch need matching to the car /map by a Revo dealer?

Can the switch change settings without the laptop, ie when your out and about?

Which verison of the switch do I need?

Finally, has anyone got one for sale?

Cheers :)

Buy a switch and plug it into car and you can download trhe car settings to the switch then plug into a computer and read settings and alter to suit. Plug back into car and upload the new settings. Basically you get a 1-10 option on Fuel/boost/Ignition advance Timing. You can also plug in to car and immobilise if you want to leave the car in a carpark at the airport for example for a couple of weeks. You have 3 custom sets of settings you can pre load into the SPS and upload to car so you can drive to the track on setting 1 change to setting 2 for a track day and reset for drive home. Takes about 20 seconds to change the setting on the car via the switch.

Once you have put your settings into the SPS you dont need the laptop with you to change the car settings. Just select setting via a multi option switch on SPS, plug into car for about 20 seconds untill unit beeps then unplug...all done.
HTH

Buy a switch and plug it into car and you can download trhe car settings to the switch then plug into a computer and read settings and alter to suit. Plug back into car and upload the new settings. Basically you get a 1-10 option on Fuel/boost/Ignition advance Timing. You can also plug in to car and immobilise if you want to leave the car in a carpark at the airport for example for a couple of weeks. You have 3 custom sets of settings you can pre load into the SPS and upload to car so you can drive to the track on setting 1 change to setting 2 for a track day and reset for drive home. Takes about 20 seconds to change the setting on the car via the switch.

Cheers Paddy. Have you found much difference between each of the setting? Ie from 0 to 9 boost, big difference? Ever set it up on the car and had it pull back or go into limp mode?

The fuel setting is basically just an adjustment for octane 95-99-100+. The advance setting worked well for me as it smoothed the stock setting out nicely and gave better throttle response. The boost setting is default 6 so i have not tried that as it runs really well as it is and i dont want to over boost the lump on the road. Warren has tried various boost settings so maybe try him ? I went from timing 5 to timing 7, very noticeable.

I would add i have had my custom setting set in the car for 6k miles now and its never missed a beat.

The fuel setting is basically just an adjustment for octane 95-99-100+. The advance setting worked well for me as it smoothed the stock setting out nicely and gave better throttle response. The boost setting is default 6 so i have not tried that as it runs really well as it is and i dont want to over boost the lump on the road. Warren has tried various boost settings so maybe try him ? I went from timing 5 to timing 7, very noticeable.

Ok, thanks for the great info.

Hi paddy what settings you using
I have settled on 6 Boost/9 fuel ( if you stick to 99 octaine)/ and 7 timing. seems to work well
Warren has tried other setting inc higher boost so maybe try him for more info.

Reactions: Kelza
Cheers guys, got one on its way. Looking forward to having a play!

So, got my switch today. Just checked what I'm on and its

Boost: 9
Timing: 6
Fuel: 9

These seem pretty aggressive? I'll hopefully do some logging this weekend and see whats what. I take it a lower setting say on boost may yield more performance if 9 is too aggressive and the ECU is pulling back? I would be feeling that though?

:)

Wow , hi silky best to run vpower on fuelling 9 , i will get my setting just now , set up by steve jnr at statllers...

Wow , hi silky best to run vpower on fuelling 9 , i will get my setting just now , set up by steve jnr at statllers...

Yep, always on V-Power :)

Cool lol,,settings a 7,6,6 .. B 8,7,6 .. C 9, 6, 8 ...

9/6/9 does seem a bit optimistic.

I'd be inclined to run something more along the lines of B7/T6/F6 as all that boost is going to put the inlet temps up quite high which will in turn cause quite a bit of timing pull. Do you feel the car gets lazy as it gets hot?

If you have a more efficient intercooler it might not be such an issue, but I'd certainly log the car.

Just got this from Kev at Revo

"Baseline settings for your vehicle would be boost-7 fuel-6 timing-4. if your original settings are what the dealer put in, then im guessing that setup is perfect for your vehicle. As for the fueling 1 is rich and 9 is lean."

Logging this weekend. Been running B7, T6, F6 for the past few days to stay safe and its much flatter...

I would be interested what you ended up using.

Last edited: