Talk To Me About Grills

1FHW

Reaction score
Afternoon,

Like the titles says, looking for advice on replacement grills.

I’ve got a short plate and it leaves gaps to the left and right of it. The previous plate was also drilled into the grill which has left some very annoying holes.

I know I had read somewhere that a sline grill would work but are there any others that work? Ideally I would like to clip the front plate on.

Cheers

Attachments

• D76D0C00-17C4-476D-BE16-5F01890AF0CA.jpeg
    D76D0C00-17C4-476D-BE16-5F01890AF0CA.jpeg
    956.4 KB · Views: 139
@1FHW

I had the same problem with mine but mines an
s-line with a gloss black grill. I filled the holes with silicone & smoothed over then stuck gloss black vinyl over to cover the holes. Maybe you might be able to do something similar if you can find a vinyl to match ?

C74709AD 9B18 4CEA 88F6 6370104A1D8E

D494FAF8 0089 40C0 913E D2D0F18B16CC

54BAACE9 2EF9 4DCA 8BCC 1BECEA1FA8C1

I’ll also be changing the grill to an RS type when the weather gets a bit better & I’ve gone for a quick release system for the plate on that.

55B02D86 CBAB 4763 819E 208E2D0E376B

4A7C62CD EB09 4B3B AD24 84DC0399EFD4

just watched a video on changing the grill, which has put me off changing it, looks like an all day job!

just watched a video on changing the grill, which has put me off changing it, looks like an all day job!

it’s fiddly but doable in a couple of hours :)

You will need another pair of hands and lots of flat blades / screwdrivers in order to lever the clips holding the grill to the bumper. You’ll find that was you move your way around that the ones you released will want to go back into position...........leave the screwdrivers / blades in place once you’ve released the clips

oh and if you have a front camera like I do be prepared to CUT your brand new grill in order to fit it.........

Yeah sounds like the video I watched, he used cable ties to slide into the clips to stop them

Thanks guys, the help is appreciated.

Was looking at the S-Line grills and the RS Grill but it would need to be the RS as I think they are the only ones that have the clip on number plate.

Also looked at S6 grills but a US spec one as they are set up to not have the front plate then I can work the plate on somehow. Have tried to look online for one but not having much luck tbh.

Neil

Yeah sounds like the video I watched, he used cable ties to slide into the clips to stop them

Yeh, I also watched this video. Not sure its a job I would be willing to take on. Not sure I would have the patience.

Yeh, I also watched this video. Not sure its a job I would be willing to take on. Not sure I would have the patience.

I’ve done it TWICE!! Fitted my RS grill and then a few months later someone reversed into it and cracked it so i had to do it again :(

i would say it was easier the 2nd time but i had the hangover from hell lol

Reactions: Sandra