Taking delivery check

yangdennis

Reaction score
Hi guys, newbie to the forum and great to have a community of 8v owners here. After 6 month of long wait, finally taking delivery this weekend, sb 2.0tdi, very much looking forward to it. Just a question since I can't find any relating post mentioning it - what are the crucial points you'd check on the car during the take delivery process, paint etc? You help will be much appreciated!

The main thing is to check, check and re-check

make yourself a methodical checksheet as its easy to get distracted once in the showroom - something like front os wing, drivers door rear os door, rear os wing, rear boot/bumper etc. Add in the check of all your options, the spare tyre/inflation kit, locking wheel nut.

Check for over spray, and paint defects (dirt in paint, pinholes/fisheyes), plush check for poor dealer preparation - swirls etc (it does happen, i know 'cos i rejected a £45k car for bad prep !).

Make sure you have all the paperwork, the service book etc is stamped for the pdi, stickers present etc etc

Like I say make yourself a list - without it you'll be distracted by the new car aura or the salesman plying you with coffee to prevent you spotting something ;)

Most of all enjoy the experience :D

Hi guys, newbie to the forum and great to have a community of 8v owners here. After 6 month of long wait, finally taking delivery this weekend, sb 2.0tdi, very much looking forward to it. Just a question since I can't find any relating post mentioning it - what are the crucial points you'd check on the car during the take delivery process, paint etc? You help will be much appreciated!

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to seeing the pics of your new car. Enjoy the forum. :)x

The main thing is to check, check and re-check

make yourself a methodical checksheet as its easy to get distracted once in the showroom - something like front os wing, drivers door rear os door, rear os wing, rear boot/bumper etc. Add in the check of all your options, the spare tyre/inflation kit, locking wheel nut.

Check for over spray, and paint defects (dirt in paint, pinholes/fisheyes), plush check for poor dealer preparation - swirls etc (it does happen, i know 'cos i rejected a £45k car for bad prep !).

Make sure you have all the paperwork, the service book etc is stamped for the pdi, stickers present etc etc

Like I say make yourself a list - without it you'll be distracted by the new car aura or the salesman plying you with coffee to prevent you spotting something ;)

Most of all enjoy the experience :D

many thanks for reply, i will make a list.

I've taken delivery of a total of 11 new Audis over the years and all from the same dealer and the same 8 from the same salesman. Personally the only thing I ever check is that all the options I have ordered are present. The only think that has ever needed to be done when I have collected a car is the removal of the dealer sticker from the back windows. The salesman always does this before I ask as he knows I don't like them. They already know not to use number plate surrounds and they always fix the plates with adhesive pads. It's quite odd seeing two cars on the the site with the same registration number! I just enjoy the experience of collecting another new car. When I have looked in more detail when I get home I have never found anything wrong or any reason to go back to the dealer, but I know full well that if there were any problems they would deal with them in the same efficient way as they have with the one of two items that have occurred during the life of cars.

Don't ruin what is should to be an enjoyable day trying to go round the car finding fault.

Last edited:
Great advice from the previous posts. It is very easy to get distracted due to the excitement factor and the sales people talking with you.

I would like to add and say take a friend or family member along with you to cast another set of eyes over the car as it is easy to miss some things. I regret on a previous car not picking up on some swirls on the paintwork. I am sure if the weather had been kinder that day I would have noticed the swirls more on one side and if the dealer had not placed the car outside in the shade. I was rather blinkered by the whole event so got myself to blame but will not make that same mistake. Overall I do not think the dealers are trying to catch customers out. I think repeat business is important to them (he says).lol. I will be writing a checklist of the options I chose and some of the snagging list that was mentioned in another thread in this forum.

Good luck at the weekend Yangdennis.

Hi I am new to this forum and the whole forum thing. I have just taken delivery of a 2.0 tdi SB Sline in Daytona grey from Basingstoke Audi. I am very fussy when it comes to collecting a new car after a horrific experience a few years ago with another brand of car. Our new audi was spotless, I have bought a car from them before though and they know what I am like.
This car is superb, we had an 09 plate before and the new a3 is superb updated car.
Enjoy collecting your new car, it will be fine I'm sure. You will love it.