Taken to Audi for 4 faults - 0 faults found

Reaction score
After 3 weeks of waiting I took my car in this morning for the following faults:

1. MMI playing up not always showing DAB Stations / satellite image on navigation.

2. Reversing sensors sometimes done work

3. Nearside wing mirror squeak when folding

4. Front nearside door door not always closing properly.

Guess what, had it all day and no faults found. They did however spray some lubricant in the mirror (allegedly).

They also promised a wash and vacuum but that didn’t happen either.

The guy said that as the car is basically now a computer, drivers expect to get in and things fire up straight away. I said I had no DAB or satellite for about a week. He said to keep an eye on it.

Nice one!

I’ll answer the first one for you. This is a generally a problem with Audi servers, not your car. Your car cannot be logged into the Audi Connect system from time to time and the consequence of this is the radio logos, satellite imagery, weather info, news etc. Eventually it does sort itself out - my suggestion is do nothing when this happens, don’t try and log out, login, create new user etc as you will create a whole world of pain for yourself.

The passenger door is surprisingly common, I had that on my edition1 and have seen other owners with the same fault.

It will be the rubber that needs changing / latch adjusting.

Audi will try tell you it's because your car is new but it's nonsense. My edition1 had over 2,000 miles on it and it never got easier to close.

Our replacement A3 closes first time - so definitely a fault

After 3 weeks of waiting I took my car in this morning for the following faults:

1. MMI playing up not always showing DAB Stations / satellite image on navigation.

2. Reversing sensors sometimes done work

3. Nearside wing mirror squeak when folding

4. Front nearside door door not always closing properly.

Guess what, had it all day and no faults found. They did however spray some lubricant in the mirror (allegedly).

They also promised a wash and vacuum but that didn’t happen either.

The guy said that as the car is basically now a computer, drivers expect to get in and things fire up straight away. I said I had no DAB or satellite for about a week. He said to keep an eye on it.

Nice one!
Sounds a lot like my experience with Audi so far.

They say none of the faults I've seen, taken photos and video of seem to exist and for the MMI issues which they have admitted to, have said there is no fix so I've got to live with it.

I've therefore decided I've had enough of this and am changing to a new car