Tailgate spoiler

Welshquattro

Reaction score
Has anyone taken thier GmbH tailgate spoiler off? I think it's bonded on and was wondering if anybody had tried to remove one and could give me some tips on removal. I've got a replacement tailgate(thanks quattrojames) and don't want to buy one so need to get mine off.

I have a feeling they're bolted on too....

Reactions: Welshquattro
I have just put a genuine one on on my saloon and it had original 3m double sided tape it was very hard to come of and clean it up.

Can't see any bolts for it but haven't taken the top inside trim off to see yet.I'm guessing it not going to be easy! Might give audi dealers a ring and see if they can tell me.

I think the Avant ones are bolted, unlike the saloon. From the factory at least, retrofit will be different I'm sure.

Call me crazy but I like the cheap aftermarket coloured eBay one on mine, never liked it at first because I knew in my head it was wrong but when she's sat next to models with the genuine article the rear profile seems to look better.

Etka shows it held on with two M6 x 16 Hex head bolts. Drop the roof lining down at the back and you'll see them.

This is a Votex one, not the best pics but all i can find at moment.

IMG_0021-1.jpg

parts018.jpg

Last edited: