1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail lights damaged inside

cjp2k May 24, 2018

1. cjp2k

cjp2k Active Member Team Daytona saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Well walking back to my car at lunchtime it looked like there was dirt on my tail light. Closer inspection its damaged from the inside...

I have attached a photo anyone had similar 20180524_154127-1.jpg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Jsmills

Jsmills Active Member

Looks like the it hasn’t glued properly to me. If there’s no impact damage I’d expect a warranty replacement

4. cjp2k

No impact damage.. I spoke to my service advisor who said bring it down one lunchtime next week he will get some photos taken and get warranty approval then booked in for the replacement

Jsmills likes this.
  5. cjp2k

It was replaced yesterday under warranty. They had no idea what caused it

Car was took in at 8.30 I explained I needed the car back asap for various reasons, so dont wash it, dont do the health check just get me the car back

Car went into workahop at 9.20 ish. Sat with boot up for 20 minutes then returned outside at 10 am....

I tried to call them several times to see if it was done... Finally get a call at 12 saying all done....

At least the audi connect app showed me what they were doing with the car

cuke2u likes this.
  6. f1nny

f1nny Active Member Team Tango Audi A4 Saloon S-line owners group Manual

I’ve just taken my partner’s 17 plate A3 to the dealer with the same problem but it’s happened on 3 of the 4 rear light clusters.

Master Tech said he had only seen it once before and that was because of impact damage like you said. Obviously our car has not been hit in any shape or form so Audi are replacing them all under warranty.

Only thing I can think of for our car doing it is me jet washing the car in winter and a little bit of water getting between the seam weld of the clusters, freezing and then splitting. But I’d like to think they’d been designed for that kind of situation.