Tail light faulty

Caspper...

Reaction score
My left tail light decided not to work anymore,at first i thought it was the bulbs,i replaced them but no luck,went to check the fuse still no luck...

Someone with same problem here?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

if you have a multimeter is might be worth checking if the plug is supply power to the bulbs (set to volts DC put your hazards on and prob the plug if i can find a pin layout i will update the post) , however from my understanding, having the taillight loom or connector going bad is not common, best to inspect the connector for water ingress, otherwise i would advise going to a breakers and just replace the bulb holder as i guess that is going to be your problem. but just check the plug just in case.

Reactions: Abi
if you have a multimeter is might be worth checking if the plug is supply power to the bulbs (set to volts DC put your hazards on and prob the plug if i can find a pin layout i will update the post) , however from my understanding, having the taillight loom or connector going bad is not common, best to inspect the connector for water ingress, otherwise i would advise going to a breakers and just replace the bulb holder as i guess that is going to be your problem. but just check the plug just in case.
On the bulb holder there is rust i guess its caused by water from car wash...i donot have the multimeter at the moment so i will replace the bulb holder since i have a spare one....thanks mate

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

A known fault on a TT Mk 2 is that the rear light stops working and it happened to ours. It is the connector block and a new one has to be spliced onto the existing wires.
So this could be the same for you if your connector is rusty.

If you can confirm it's the bulb holder (sounds most likely), I'd suggest your light unit is leaking.

Not sure what year your car is and whether it's a 3 door or sportback but if it's pre-facelift 3 door i've got a light I can supply cheaper than a breaker :icon thumright:

Maybe not actually looks like your outside the UK