Tacho backing plate, MPH to KPH

Bing_IRL

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I bought an A4 2.0TDI B7 in the UK and have imported it into Ireland. I'm a stickler for detail and it's wrecking my head that it has an MPH odomoter.:banghead: I've had a look around Ebay to find a replacement backing plate but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone on the forum has done a KPH to MPH conversion & has the old one lying about?:shrug:

Cheers,
Cathal

I'd be interested in this too as i'll be moving to Cyprus in the summer so will need mine converting to kmh so I can register the car over there etc.

I want to do this too, but you need a new cluster which can be found on ebay.de but i dont know if they can be coded to the car unless you go to a main dealer. I know golf's clusters can be changed pretty easily but as I said I dont know about a4's unfortunately. Anyone else have any info?

Can be done but just get a broken cluster on ebay & swap the faceplates over, did on my S3 8L when they facelifted the car in 00-01, remove cluster & take care removing needing & make sure you test the cluster before putting the front/back on so when you start car needles are all in right place etc, also clean very well for dust & little bits that lay on the clear plastic cause if you leave it, I can guarantee it will annoy the feck outta you when you see something in front of the DIS, lol, anyway then refit

Ah thats a good idea i didnt think of that! But while I was looking for a kmh cluster I was looking for one with a colour DIS too. I dont know if it'll work, but i'll do a bit more reading on it and see.

Changing to a colour DIS is a very involved job i think, there's a thread in the B6 section somewhere on it.