Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
Who has one?
What you think?
Which one you got?
Worth selling a laptop for one?

I don't use my laptop as much as I use to and mainly use my phone in bed for internet and videos.

Thoughts, views and all jazz.

I have an ipad and cant begin to tell you how good it is. Movie, videos, music, tv programmes and both books and audiobooks work so well. You can upload photographs from your phone or camera with an adaptar. You can watch videos etc outside in full sunshine as the screen is tinted. It has a nice size screen and is a very slim and straigjtforward to use device. It does most things that a laptop does, surf the internet, ASN, You Tube, BBCi player etc. Its so much easier to carry around than a laptop.

I have an ipad and cant begin to tell you how good it is. Movie, videos, music, tv programmes and both books and audiobooks work so well. You can upload photographs from your phone or camera with an adaptar. You can watch videos etc outside in full sunshine as the screen is tinted. It has a nice size screen and is a very slim and straigjtforward to use device. It does most things that a laptop does, surf the internet, ASN, You Tube, BBCi player etc. Its so much easier to carry around than a laptop.

I thought about getting for all the above reasons, but the stupid device doesn't support flash, which is why I chose to stick with a laptop!

Thats the reason i've been thinking about getting one. Thats all I use my laptop for.

Jojo, why not go for a Xoom, Galaxy, flyer or any of the android tablets?
I would not get a apple tablet but I keep thinking about the androids one and then I put my self off when I start to use my laptop again, to do the same thing a tablet can do. lol

Thats the reason i've been thinking about getting one. Thats all I use my laptop for.

Jojo, why not go for a Xoom, Galaxy, flyer or any of the android tablets?
I would not get a apple tablet but I keep thinking about the androids one and then I put my self off when I start to use my laptop again, to do the same thing a tablet can do. lol

I was looking at the time when the ipad had come out for 2 months maybe, and it ticked most of the boxes, but most of the things I use my laptop for requires flash unfortunately, plus you have to physically hold the ipad, and as I was using it in a working environment, the laptop made more sense.

I ended up with an Asus UL30A in the end, as recommended by The Gadget Show, and I got it on offer online through CarphoneWarhouse. It's light weight, compact and has a 9hr battery life! The latter sold it to me if I'm being honest.

9 hour battery life is good.
My laptop can do about 2-3 hours, which is not bad really. Its better than my phone. lol

Hopefully there will be a Galaxy tab in work this friday so I can have a look.
they are still alot of money.

I have an iPad which I love but whatever you do, don't sell a laptop to get a tablet. There are still some things done much better on a laptop.

I have an iPad which I love but whatever you do, don't sell a laptop to get a tablet. There are still some things done much better on a laptop.

I got 3. lol
Waiting to hear back from a mate at Samsung to see how much he can do them for.
If its something I can do then I'll sell my Probook to help fund it.
Just wish he'd hurry up. lol