T3/T4 Turbo

maybe just me, but there is'nt a manifold in that pile of bits
seriously doubt it all just bolts on, let alone is made up from quality components

maybe just me, but there is'nt a manifold in that pile of bits
seriously doubt it all just bolts on, let alone is made up from quality components

I'm with Badger on this.... I bet that turbo would fall apart or the oil seals would go after a bit of stick...

On a side note & sorry to the OP for jumping in, it's sort of relavant..

Can you buy off the shelf parts to fit the turbo from a mitsi evo onto the S3, I have a spare turbo in my shed from my old E5, twin scroll with a 10.5 hotside, just thought it could be a project to start up .....
Steve

Looks like its a journal bearing turbo but no mention of it being water cooled... it does mention a turbo timer though but not a fan of those...

Really no point in compromising on the quality of components for the sake of saving a couple of quid tbh.... it will just bite you in the **** eventually...

<tuffty/>

Shame to be fair, if you knew deep down that all of that would just bolt on and go, it would be a bargain.

However, coming from the states, I suspect it's probably a dodgy Chinese blower, combined with an array of other parts which look suspect in quality.

It all looks a bit mismatched as well, I would of said that intercooler was a bit small fro the boost applications being mentioned there.

And, as Bill said, no Manifold? Are you supposed to cable tie it to the head? LOL

My mate went down this road with his 1.8T A4. It was really quick. Very quick in fact. But the manifold that came with his kit was useless. And the turbo is really just too big for the 1.8. It didn't come into boost until 4k rpm. On the plus side, when it did, it was like hitting warp speed.

TBH, he felt that he would have been better spending a lot more money and getting a more trusted set-up though.

one mechanic just told me that he is able to put a subaru turbo in a TT and he have done it many times and works great.
But he dont push the turbo to its limit like we do on a K04, coz if he do so the car must have upgraded internals. He custom made a flange that makes this doable...
not bad...

It was a very quick meeting in some audi event i wasnt able to get more details on which turbo does he use but i know that he is doing the stuff custom made by himslef, and he is even doing the 3" downpipe but not in stainless, regular metal i suppose