Q2 T-Roc

ordi

Reaction score
Am considering the petrol 2.0litre version of either the Q2 or its VW cousin, T-Roc
Has anyone owned both? Wondering what people's experiences are of having driven/run both.

Not sure how helpful this will be but although I’ve not driven either the SQ2 or the T-Roc, I have owned and driven a Cupra Formentor VZ2310 for about six months. It shares the same platform and much of the architecture of the other two models. I can tell you it was excellent to drive: the engine, gearbox, brakes and suspension (all of which will be similar) were all very well sorted. What differs between these models is the visual stuff, the looks, the materials, the finish and feel. Also, the Formentor has the latest touchscreen infotainment system from the Golf 8, and it dreadful. It was actually the dealbreaker that made me sell an otherwise very good car. The SQ2 and T-Roc don’t have it (at the moment).

Last edited:
Did you know that the current F3 Q3 shares much of its underside with the Q2 - and it's a cracking car too.

I havnt had a T-ROC, but have had the T-CROSS rline,now gone back to a q2 black edition.I find the audi far superior in every aspect.

I’d expect that, @jimladallen. The T-Cross is a size class down, as it’s based on the Polo platform. The T-Roc, Q2, Q3 and Formentor etc are all spin offs from the Golf platform.

My wife has the T-Roc 1.5 S Line and its a very good car My car is the SQ2 which is a different type of beast. The T-Roc is bigger all round and is even better specked than mine but would I change it NO. However both are very good cars and what ever you choose you won't go wrong