Syvecs ECU

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone here running a Syvecs ECU?

Long story short, I have free access to a 4wd dyno and am looking at getting in to custom tuning but want to pick someone's brain beforehand specifically with regards the RS3 platform.

Hi all,

Long story short, I have free access to a 4wd dyno and am looking at getting in to custom tuning but want to pick someone's brain beforehand specifically with regards the RS3 platform.
I believe @banny650 is running Syvecs ECU

Reactions: banny650
Hi all,

How can I help?

Syvecs is being used extensively in the RS(both RS3/TTRS/R8) community.. superb ecus with lots of features!

How can I help?

Just a few questions really:
  1. Does the S7 package come with a suitable base map as a starting point?
  2. I don't really buy in to the Plug-and-play element, did you have any issues with any peripheral systems like suspension, exhaust valves, gearbox etc? Did everything work dash/virtual cockpit wise?
  3. The Syvecs forum seems a little quiet, is there another community/resources for learning about Syvecs specifics especially the software usage? This way I can read ahead and see if I want to take the plunge
  4. Any arguments *against* going this route? I'm a software engineer by trade and think it might be fun (expensive fun) to get in to. While the RS3 platform might not be the safest way to play ... the DAZA engine just seems too good to not play with and there's something unappealing about just dropping an APR or Unitronic map on.

2. I don't really buy in to the Plug-and-play element, did you have any issues with any peripheral systems like suspension, exhaust valves, gearbox etc? Did everything work dash/virtual cockpit wise?
  3. The Syvecs forum seems a little quiet, is there another community/resources for learning about Syvecs specifics especially the software usage? This way I can read ahead and see if I want to take the plunge
  4. Any arguments *against* going this route? I'm a software engineer by trade and think it might be fun (expensive fun) to get in to. While the RS3 platform might not be the safest way to play ... the DAZA engine just seems too good to not play with and there's something unappealing about just dropping an APR or Unitronic map on.

Have you asked this to the guys at Syvecs? Think its more a question for the dealer not an owner with one?

I'm assuming an owner is tuning their own car no?

No I am not tuning my own car, it is being tuned by Romain of Racecal LTD

1: No it does not come with a base map but one can be requested from Syvecs support

2: It is very much plug and play everything works including the cruise control as per OEM function

3: Download the software from the site with an example calibration and have a play to get a feel of it

4: Against would be not many people go this route so it is quite a limited market, mainly down to cost I would say