Syvecs ECU for TFSi engines

S3Alex

Rarely neutral
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Readers of my car's blog/build thread here....

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/time-for-a-build-thread-big-turbo.106134/page-39

Will already be aware of this development for the TFSi range of VAG engines,from Syvecs Powertrain Control.

http://www.syvecs.co.uk/products/engine-management-system/tfsi-range-vag-group/

I want to post this up so that anyone looking for this sort of solution to fuelling,boost and power management has somewhere to take a look at what is probably the best thing out there right now.

TSi users should be able to find a system aimed at their engines quite soon....Syvecs are working on that currently.

What you get is this little box....

To get the most from the ECU and it's various maps,you need a control interface like this one....

And fitted here...

So,why go to the trouble and cost of fitting something like this....

It allows you to do all of this....

• Live Tuning of every aspect of the engine’s calibration, including signals sent to the DSG
  • Full Direct Injection and Pump Control
  • 8 Injector Support with 4 Port Injectors
  • Ability to select desired engine map, boost level, traction and launch control levels through steering wheel buttons
  • Fully adjustable Launch control with Anti-lag strategies and Ramp in Maps
  • Full Variable Valve Timing control
  • Flex Fuel control
  • Cruise Control
  • Fully functional with every other Ecu on the Car
  • Closed loop Dual Lambda Control
  • Fully adjustable closed loop boost control with launch level adjustments and trims for turbo speed, air charge, engine coolant temp, exhaust gas temperatures etc
  • Monitor and trimming of exhaust gas temperatures
  • Flat Shift
  • Built in data logging using a market leading analysis software of up to 8 hours, with data rates at up to 1000hz
  • Rolling Antilag / Pit lane limiter strategies, great for building boost on a roll
  • Antitheft and valet modes
  • Super fast connection via RJ45 Ethernet port for live tuning anywhere in the world or even remotely if on track if connected to a wireless unit.
  • Adjustable traction control strategies based on lateral g and individual wheel speed monitoring.
  • 4 programmable and selectable target slip maps. An immediate torque reduction can be applied by the ECU via ignition ****** or a fuel cut.
  • Configurable Engine Safety Trips on all important parameters like oil temperature, oil pressure.
  • Fuel pump control of both main, and sub pumps, as well as Relative fuel pressure monitoring and limiting in the event of fuel pressure dropping on boost.
  • 4 different Pedal to Throttle Angle maps with multipliers for different parameters e.g. speed. Again adjustable via steering wheel buttons
  • Configurable individual cylinder closed loop knock control, to suit any cylinder modification with adjustments to frequency, windows for listening and gains for each cylinder. Ability to trigger full cylinder shutdown in severe knock conditions.
  • Change torque reduction levels on shifts. Essential for very high power applications where the maximum reduction available via the stock ECU is not enough to prevent damage to components
  • Ability to change Torque ramp in after launch
  • Change throttle blip requests to match your torque band. Especially useful on oversized turbo installations.
  • Run up to 7bar map sensors
  • Control high or low impendance injectors
  • Control up to 4 additional injectors for high power installations where staged injection may be required
  • Change injector dead times based on voltage levels for proper control
  • Change injector end angle to ensure injection point is properly calibrated
  • Ability to fit any type of external sensor to monitor and trigger safety trips from anything from crank case pressure to damper position
  • Ability to use any size DBW throttle body e.g. Chevrolet LS7
  • Wet and Dry – Wet and Dry nitrous control with ability to drive solenoids directly and control n20 heaters via pressure monitoring
  • Ability to control any external vehicle features based on sensor inputs e.g. Adjustable rear wing linked to G force or exhaust control valves
  • Connect any race series dash or even one of our partners’ Touchscreen CANBUS adjustment /display units
  • View any input live with built in scope up to 1000hz
  • And much, much more!

Multi-stage TC allows you to have different TC settings for different road conditions,from a fairly aggressive cut,to something almost unnoticeable,but the advantage that in either case,TC is much less intrusive,and more effective than the stock software,and is torque based,triggered by a combination of slip angle,and wheelspin,and managed by initially ignition ******,leading up to fuel cut.

It also permits multi-stage ALS,with safety by cutting ALS if EGT's rise too far.

LC can also be programmed in,with various strategies.

For people with big turbo setups the other huge advantage is the ability to run both direct,and port injectors.

Using RS4 injectors plus an uprated LPFP can get you to around 500bhp,but after that,they're maxed out,and using an 8 injector system allows you to get a lot more,but you need an ECU capable of running 4 DI injectors(ideally S3 pattern injectors up to 400bhp to get the best spray pattern as the RS4 injector spray pattern is not ideal),and above 400bhp,to begin bringing in the port injectors.

This shows an 8 injector setup on the TFSi...

Also the manifold that can accomadate 4 port injectors.

Added bonuses are the ability to interface with a DSG box,and to ramp in torque levels on gear changes to avoid damaging a gearbox,plus controlling an RS LP fuel pump.

Mine was the first S3 to be fitted with one of these,and over a year of driving now,it has been superb,and completely indistinguishable from the stock ECU in daily driving,but along with the other mods,has now made getting over 600bhp from the TFSi quite achievable.

For anyone using a big turbo or similar setup,I can recommend this without reservation.

Mine was fitted by Andy at Storm Developments,who did much of the development in combination with Syvecs themselves.

www.stormdevelopments.co.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirky and grainqey
A video for any interested parties....

The RS sounds mad...

That's over 700bhp from a TT-RS.....the same system on my 4 pot was turning out over 600bhp on a wonky exhaust with no new strategies....