SY's PROGRESS THREAD

AGU-TURBO

Audi a3 1.8t AGU
Reaction score
Hello everyone I've decided to create a build thread thread that i can keep adding to as i go along instead of keep creating new threads every time i do something lol. Im going to start it off from when i first bought it.

i have just bought my first audi It is a
audi a3 1.8t im very impressed with it so far, carn't believe how smooth the power is over the rev range.
The previous owner said it has been re-mapped and is roughly 180bhp but i won't no for sure till i get it on the rollers in a couple of weeks
ive just come from a punto gt turbo which i spent thousands on but as i have 3 kids it wasn't ''practical'' as my miss kept on telling me

Any way ive posted a few pics of my a3 and my old punto hope you all like
http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=109019

Br0ZBEgBWkKGrHqQH-CQEu1u5gZyhBL1U9F.jpg

Br0YynQmkKGrHqYH-CEvPosZ7EBL1U7OVHb.jpg

Fiited a mesh grill and managed to source some rstt wheels

DSCF1623.jpg

DSCF1624.jpg

Today fitted my old Apexi air filter and went down Derby to DPH (derby performance hoses) to get a silicone joiner
DSCF1627.jpg

Bought some bilstein shocks and springs, im only lowering it 30mm as i still want a bit of suspension.

DSCF1793.jpg

DSCF2428.jpg

My poor car has been buried, lol

DSCF2304.jpg

Just in the middle of rebuilding my engine due to some curious noises, Most of the parts came today. Plus extra's lol
DSCF2518.jpg

Autoban888 tip compared to standard tip

DSCF2516.jpg

Powerflex dog bone bush

DSCF2527.jpg

Purple anodised allen bolts x2 for Coil packs

DSCF2526.jpg

Thread lock and Engine essembly lube for my cams and lifter's

DSCF2520.jpg

New cam chain tensioner (genuine Audi)
DSCF2524.jpg

New cam chain (genuine Audi)
DSCF2523.jpg

New cam belt kit (genuine Audi)
DSCF2530.jpg

New water pump (genuine Audi)
DSCF2525.jpg

Cleaned my cam pulley up came up well
DSCF2528.jpg

Sprayed some bits in graphite gray
DSCF2529.jpg

Got my engine dog bone mount built up,

DSCF2566.jpg

Started stripping everything down ready to replace various parts

DSCF2424-1.jpg

DSCF2455-1.jpg

DSCF2471.jpg

DSCF2469.jpg

Last edited:
why everything is in bits ive spent hours and hours cleaning stuff, Rocker cover and inlet manifold will be sent off to be powder coated next week.

DSCF2462.jpg

DSCF2461.jpg

Opie oils sent me some goodies this morning

DSCF2463.jpg

Well got the reuilt this week and started it up and there were a loud tapping noise, I stripped the lifters down and cleaned them them all, they were some right crap in them, well looks like this crap were holding them together as now i have 2 lifters that won't hold preasure.

Update: bought a complete AUQ small port head from mush on here and swapped the lifters and cams over to mine and all seem's well. Jobs a gooden lol.

Why the car's been off road ive manged to get my boost gauge and oil preaure ghauge in

DSCF2465.jpg

The screw at the top will be counter sunk in and have one of these over the top

POZI-COVER-CAP-BLACK.jpg

Well today managed to finnish it at last and sorted my low boost out that ive had since i rebuilt it.

special thanks to MUSH for sorting me out a cylinder head:icon_thumright:

Here are some pics of what ive done, let me no you'r thoughts

Colour is ktm orange

DSCF2580.jpg

DSCF2577.jpg

Another busy day today got hold of some genuine rstt centre caps and got them on then spent the reast of the afternoon cleaning

DSCF2583.jpg

DSCF2584.jpg

DSCF2586.jpg

DSCF2581.jpg

DSCF2585.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice mate think it's same colour as my s3 but as I'm colour blind can't say for sure lol what's next

Question..... Why in some of the photos do you have VW wheel centres on the RS TTs on one side, and Audi ones on the other?

LOL, other than that, very good going mate, glad it's come together.

Where did you get that pillar pod thingy from? I would quite like a double one.

Question..... Why in some of the photos do you have VW wheel centres on the RS TTs on one side, and Audi ones on the other?

LOL, other than that, very good going mate, glad it's come together.

Where did you get that pillar pod thingy from? I would quite like a double one.

Lol that's what they came with when i bought them, bought some rstt one's from a lad on here.

They pillar pod are readily available on ebay for the seat leon and fit perfect apart from a light trim on the right hand side, You will no what to trim when you line it up

DSCF2623.jpg

Got my oil catch come through today im impressed (Mocal replica). Made by Ben @ BH fabrications
DSCF2806.jpg

vs
images.jpg

Here is my Forge FMDVV4010 atmos dump valve works great on my agu not a single problem, But is now for sale on ebay because im wanting a FMDVSUPR.
DSCF2798.jpg

Received this yesterday as i hate the electronic oil presssure gauges not reading accurate enough for my liking, So i ordered a manual Stack oil pressure gauge and LMA braided hoses. Just need a Stack boost gauge to finnish it off
DSCF2808.jpg

Here is were i route my pipes for my gauges under slam pannel through a rubeer grommet
DSCF2811.jpg

DSCF2810.jpg

For anyone wanting to do this here is what i used. Please note that thid is for a stack gauge and other may be different
1x Oil Gauge Adapter 1/8" BSP to M10.1 For the block to hose as the lma hose are all female
BWfnUw2kKGrHqFlMEyjC0N1DBMWqWlSv_35.jpg

1x LMA braided hose 1/8 npt on one side and 1.8bsp flat on the other
DSCF2820.jpg

lma_stainless-braided-hose.jpg

Last edited:
lol it must be the picture as it deffo aint small its one of largest apexi sell. It actualy came from a supra that made 500bhp on the rollers so i think its fine for what im pushing, But yeh its a bit old now and ive got a itg one on the way

DSCF2425.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great buddy! seem to be ticking over nicely with the modifications.

Like the catch can, i chose it without the cap but it would probably be better as you could pack it with scubbers and then clean it out properly. Id probably struggle with mine. lol

Looks great buddy! seem to be ticking over nicely with the modifications.

Like the catch can, i chose it without the cap but it would probably be better as you could pack it with scubbers and then clean it out properly. Id probably struggle with mine. lol

Cheers nick, i didn't mention i wanted it with the cap to be honest, but i wasn't to bothered either way

Right im going to go k04 conversion, here is what ive put together for some of the stuff i need. Could do with a bit of help on some of it please

K04 turbo inc oil & water feed & return
Running my 3 bar fpr with my walbro 255 in line fuel pump, will the standard pump allow this? or as prawn says I could use a lcr pump which would replace my pump all together
S3 injectors
S3/tt manifold ported to match my large port agu head (so i can use some of the s3 pipes to reatin some oem look to it)
3inch maf housing
Still looking into exhaust/Down pipe options let me know if anyone has any ideas
Big fmic with custom pipe work which ill be making

Thanks to Mush & Prawn for some of the info

Edit:

K04 exhaust manifold

Last edited:
Ko4 exhaust mani too.
All necessary gaskets.
Your only downpipe options really are blueflame, pipeworx, or just standard, as were still all waitin for the damn xspower one! Lol
Does an a3 throttle body go onto the s3 inlet mani?? Hmmmmm.

Had half a day today fitting my eibach anti roll bar. Made a big difference

"I CAN NOW TURN CORNERS WITHOUT PULLING FUNNY FACES WHILE LISTEN TO MY DRIVE SHAFT BEEN GRINDED DOWN"

What you all think then.
DSCF2869.jpg

DSCF2868.jpg

DSCF2873.jpg

Thats beefy mate!!! Whats that like as a comparison?

Thats beefy mate!!! Whats that like as a comparison?

Hi nick basicaly with the red powerflex bush in standard mount i still got quite abit of engine movment now with the vibra technics mount i don't think the engine moves at all lol. I get a little vibration from my ash tray which i will sort tommorow but it deffo feels all nice and tight. But in all fairness if i didn't get the V-T at a good price i wouldn't of upgraded