Symphony to MMI 3G+ retrofit done

amafzal88

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my first post after spending a couple of months scouring through these forums to work out my own retrofit. I recently got myself a very nice little 2010 B8 which had a Symphony radio unit in it with bluetooth phone prep (no A2DP) and an aux input (I have to say I have always been a big fan of aux input as it really retains the sound quality unlike A2DP but ofcourse it doesnt give you any control!)

So I started looking at options to do a bit of A2DP and may be even screen mirroring but the options were really clunky and if I would say so 'not pleasing to the eye' such as Dynavin and the Alpine option. So I went on my journey to look to do a OEM retrofit, starting with the 3G unit since 3G+ was going to be too expensive but I somehow convinced myself to go for the 3G+ anyway.
So long story short I managed to gather all the parts together which I have listed below and I luckily managed to find a 2013 B8.5 that was being broken so I got a lot of the parts a bit of wiring from it.

As I had only ever done some minor retrofits on my previous car (Civic hatchback) in terms of fitting an A2DP module from Xcarlink and a couple of other plug n play modules, this was a huge undertaking for me and breaking apart a german instead of Japanese car was overwhelming in itself!

Also before I get into the details, big shout out to @Stonefish as he helped me a lot in working out what I needed and how to do it all, I'll list out the links that were particularly useful to me from other forums and on the web.

So here are the parts I got:
MMI Main Unit | 8R2 035 666 F | £250
Gateway | 8R0 907 468 N | £20
Dab Radio | 4G0 035 061 D | £100
7 Inch Display | 8R0 919 604 | £60
DAB Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AC | £10
FM/AM Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AA | £10
MMI Control Panel | 8T0 919 611 K | £90
Climate control panel | 8K2820043AH | £20
Main Unit Mount (Dash) | 8K0 858 969 | £30
Radio Mount (Boot) | 8T0 907 368 A | £20
Screen Trim | 8K2 857 185 F | £30
Microphones | 4L1 035 711 C | £10
Fibre optic, Fakra cables, quadlock connectors and some other connectors from Audi
LVDS Cable (MMI to Display)
GPS Receiver from Ebay - £5

As I had some of the cables that I ripped out from the original car I just ordered a new set of fibre optics from ebay for a 5m length, but I found out I only need 4m so a meter is just rolled up in the side of the boot. Now if you have the active sound system with the amp in the left hand side pocket of your boot then I suggest you dont need to lay down any additional cables except for fibre optics as you can use the existing cables for all connections needed. I will go in more detail for the cabling later on below. If you are not so confident in the wiring, then just order the wiring harness from Kufatec (£300) and lay it down, it does reduce the headache by quite a bit since they supply the LVDS cable too and I was lucky enough to get that from the previous car.

So started off with the first picture as my set up, and then started pulling it all apart as you can see from some of the following photos, now interestingly as I progressed with the work I forgot to take more detailed photos since I was busy swearing my life on the car. But I will try and highlight the process in some steps below:
77143-43ef38c8692888cd902117cdb88f3642.jpg

1 - Start with removing the screen trim with the trim removal tool, start popping it out from the steering wheel side and work your way round to the left and then the top, it only has 4 poppers that come off quite easily

2 - Using pry tool pop out the air vents, quite easy to do starting from the left or the right side of the vent.

3 - Using pry tool pop out the AC controls, again start from the left side and it pops out quite easy with a pry tool.

4 - Using a 8 mm bolt driver, get rid of the 4 bolts holding the symphony radio in, once removed just slide out the radio and unplug the quadlock and fakra cables at the back.

(A lot of the trim removal is given in the manuals on the link here - http://www.a5oc.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-tech/25999-trim-removal-routing-wires.html )

5 - Remove the 4 torx screws holding the screen in using a t20 torx driver
77144-e1f2d82dbbb7a5cd82c5b908f2c874c8.jpg

6 - Remove the glove box, there should be 3 8mm bolts on the inside as you open it right above, then 2 more in the footwell right at the back and then the last one is on the left side to reach this you have to open the fuse box area which is quite straight forward, stick a screw driver in the groove and pop out.
20160416 193948
7 - Lay down the fibre optic from front dash to the boot - I couldn't remove the door sills from the middle and the back seats bit so just used a steel hanger to pull the fibre optic from the front passenger door to the back door all towards the mid of the seat. I also couldn't get the side trim off in the boot so found a wee lil gap between the chassis behind the back seat and the boot lining so pulled the cable through there.
20160417 091540 20160417 091542 20160417 091545
8 - Now had to sort out all the cabling:

a) Disconnect battery
b) At the dash, in the quad lock for the main head unit, I connected the previous quadlock's Terminal 30 to the new one, connected terminal 31 to a nearby bolt touching directly with the chassis to ground
c) Used the existing terminal 30 and 31 from the quadlock to connect the terminal 30 and 31 for the screen, the existing terminal 30 was connected to the fuse box with a 5amp fuse which is what you need for the new head unit and the screen (maybe I should switch it to a 7.5 or a 10 amp one as I have both connected on the same terminal 30.
d) There is an existing CAN bus high and low cable in the existing quadlock connector, I used one of these (orange/brown) cables to act as the Open loop diagnostic connection wire, this connects the head unit, the radio and the gateway together, use the pin out diagrams from the links below to see which position this cable is in.​

Old Gateway pin outs: I cant find the link for this but will post when I find this later​

e) Use a 4 core cable to connect the mics into the quad lock connector, the existing mic doesnt plug straight into the old radio as it goes to the bluetooth module somewhere under the centre console and that then connects to the old radio, the 4 core cable connects in the blue connector within the quadlock
To get this done you have to get the A pillar off from the passenger side which is easy once you know what yo're doing, basically use a screw driver to pull out the tab that says air bag, there is a torx screw behind it, un do that that then pull, it should come off. http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-discussion-129/pillar-trim-removal-2854535/
f) you may want to have the AMI cable - I had this from the previous car too, if not you can continue to have the AUX cable instead, note you cannot use both at the same time
g) I used a standard GPS receiver that I ordered off ebay and I have stuck it up under the dashboard just behind the screen, there was a nice boxy type space right behind the screen on the top side of the dash, using double sided tape provided with it...job done.
g) head to the back now and re wire the amp wires to the quadlock for the new radio - this re wiring is given in the link below http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ild-Thread?p=10711667&viewfull=1#post10711667
h) As again, I used the existing terminal 30 and 31 into the new quadlock connector, I haven't yet checked if the fuse is the correct size on this loop or not, I will do it this weekend
i) lay the fakra cables from the back to the back pillars, the cables can go up through a gap just under the seat belt for the rear left seat (Some pictures below), now if you have the DAB radio like I did, you will need the extra fakra cable to go across the rear parcel shelf and onto the other pillar where you would need to install the new aerial amplifier, the aerial should already be built into the rear windscreen and there should be. You can see that I have had to tape up the amplifier for now since i dont have the screws or anything to hold the amplifier in place, have to figure that one out yet!
20160424 22103520160424 22102220160424 22101520160424 22095420160424 22104520160424 22100020160424 22111120160424 22111720160424 22112520160424 221144

9 - head to the front again and pop out the leather bit around the gear stick, easy to pop out from the right or left side if you push something slim between the chrome bit and the leather and push in towards the leather side, once this is removed put your hand inside and pull upwards, this releases the 2 clips at the bottom of the gear surround and then pull out

10 - Ash tray is held in with 2 8mm bolts too, once undone the ash tray slides out towards you
20160416 193955
11 - lay down the cables from the quadlock to the MMI controls behind the ash tray and lay an extension cable for the ESP and the Auto start stop switch, I just cut the existing plugs and added in some extra cable length with a normal 7 core 0.7mm cable.

12 - Now connect up the controls, the ESP and Auto start/stop switches....or whatever configuration you have.
Start plugging in all the other bits too - Radio, MMI head unit, New gateway, AMI, screen

13 - Connect up the battery again and the car will go into Component Protection mode, so you will see a very dull MMI screen, not climate controls work - one light flashes on them, the DIS doesn't display anything but 'Safe' and the non of the dials work except the speedo
So long as you are seeing all of the above - things are going well, as at one point I hadn't connected up the radio and the MMI wont turn on so I was worried if it wasn't a dead unit

14 - Get the CP removed and @Ash187 did this for me, great guy and will help you out on other bits too, he coded the unit for me and also coded the Climate control panel (So effectively I have no idea what he did :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:)

15 - Once the CP is removed, the car is back to normal state and everything works as per plan

Now I hadn't connected up the fakra cables at this point from the radio to the antenna amplifiers but surprisingly I was getting great DAB reception although no FM/AM, no idea how that was happening!! Since then I have so its now all working and I have TMC and TP too

Since then I have also done a bit of the VCDS coding to enable the following:
- Passenger side mirror tilt upon reverse gear
- Semi - Cornering lights via the fog lights upon turning wheel and turn signals
- Chirp at lock/unlock (I have disabled it now cuz it sounds too aftermarket and its not through the horn)
- Disabled seat belt warning
- Enabled adaptive brake ligths and hazards under hard braking
- Guage test/ needle sweep
- Enabled Video in Motion
- Enabled Audi Drive Select - I can only have Engine and Steering altered with this, but its still fun

Lastly I have updated the maps to the latest 2016 version too now so all new streets have been added.

Next would be to add in a rear view camera and still debating on whether to do the google maps via tethering option.

Any questions on the above let me know and I will be more than happy to help!

Ps This is the result
20160417 173118

Attachments

• 20160416_174625.jpg
    20160416_174625.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,584
  • 20160416_193951.jpg
    20160416_193951.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,280
  • 20160424_221029.jpg
    20160424_221029.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,372
  • 20160424_221102.jpg
    20160424_221102.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,299
  • 20160424_221132.jpg
    20160424_221132.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,325
  • 20160424_221139.jpg
    20160424_221139.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,704
  • 20160424_221149.jpg
    20160424_221149.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,351
Reactions: 3Qn, Breezey, jdp1962 and 2 others
Great work and great write up to go with it!

Now go out and get the fixings for the dab amplifier ;) the part numbers are WHT 000 025 and N 106 569 01 two of each should be just under £2

Last edited:
Great work and great write up to go with it!

Now go out and get the fixings for the dab amplifier ;) the part numbers are WHT 000 025 and N 106 569 01 two of each should be just under £2

Fantastic! ...thats just what I was looking for!, have ordered from audi will pick em up with a couple of other things in the next week and finish off the last few bits.

Which will inevitably leed me onto starting with the rear view camera although I havent started looking into the parts yet!

Old Gateway pin outs: I cant find the link for this but will post when I find this later​

Just to add the missing link that I couldn't find earlier, its below for the CAN BUS gateway pin outs:

http://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a4...nnector_at_data_bus_diagnostic_interfacej533/

Hi, nice and informative thread and is something i'm looking into doing (putting the Sat Nav in).

I have a couple of questions.....if you don,t mind. On your original head unit you have Radio, Media, Car, Setup, Tel and Info buttons (same as mine, although i have the Concert with Blue Tooth, MMI in the glove box, Band and Olifson system and DAB). Whats buttons do you have around your Gear stick? As I was wondering if you have lost any functionality.

Also the wiring harness from Kufatec required would be the £300 one. Is that the full harness and connection goodies you would need?

Sorry for the questions, but I don't want to buy something I either wouldn't need or wouldn't work.

Again quality thread.

Dave

Hi, nice and informative thread and is something i'm looking into doing (putting the Sat Nav in).

I have a couple of questions.....if you don,t mind. On your original head unit you have Radio, Media, Car, Setup, Tel and Info buttons (same as mine, although i have the Concert with Blue Tooth, MMI in the glove box, Band and Olifson system and DAB). Whats buttons do you have around your Gear stick? As I was wondering if you have lost any functionality.

Also the wiring harness from Kufatec required would be the £300 one. Is that the full harness and connection goodies you would need?

Sorry for the questions, but I don't want to buy something I either wouldn't need or wouldn't work.

Again quality thread.

Dave

Before doing the retrofit I had no buttons around my gear stick, now I have the MMI 3G+ buttons around it. And no have not lost any functionality at all.

And as far as I have the kufatec harness has everything thats needed but I cant confirm this as I used my own loom.

great write and very imformative with all the work you have done, by the work involved it looks like I am sticking to tomtom in my Audi A4 B8 2.7tdi

What if there was a way to completely bypass symphonys, concerts, MMI2/3G Highs & Lows, etc and (almost) instantly upgrade your B8 to a B9:

http://cloud.tapatal...ist(public).pdf

I've been following Daniel's progress for some time and what he has achieved almost single handedly is nothing short of exceptional... Have a look...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Posted the same in the Technical How To so sorry for repeating.
I'm about to take delivery of a b8 2012 S4 Avant and I believe it has most of the 3G High kit, but the option code is 7T6 - Navigation System (MID) so i think that means no Hard Drive installed.

Looking at the parts list from above i'm wondering whether from High to 3G+ I may only need:

7 Inch Display | 8R0 919 604 | £60 -- Is the 3G High Screen the same already?
MMI Control Panel | 8T0 919 611 K | £90 - -(8T0919609G i believe for S4 - correct me if im wrong)
Drive Select Button if i want Drive Select to be added? (not sure if does anything if not got the suspension, diff options etc which it doesnt).

If anyone has done 3G High to 3G+ or just knows whats needed, could you confirm?

thanks

Last edited:
MMI 3G high and 3G+ use the same screen and screen trim. The Control panel will be different. There are two types of 3G+ control panel depending whether you have the start button or not. Both 3G and 3G+ head units have a hard drive.

OK great thanks,
Is it the MMI Control Panel that essentially upgrades things or is it purely a firmware update?

Possibly not too much required unless i missed any other parts. and then some ODB Eleven coding.
Do you know the difference between the MMI option showing as Medium on my codes list rather than High? What does that mean will be missing?

Sorry forgot to add you will need a 3G+ head unit 8R2 035 666 or 8R2 035 670 for SIM version.
8T2 035 666 is the MMI 3G high part number.

Thanks for that, might give this a shot at some point. Will post progress if I do.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Posted the same in the Technical How To so sorry for repeating.
I'm about to take delivery of a b8 2012 S4 Avant and I believe it has most of the 3G High kit, but the option code is 7T6 - Navigation System (MID) so i think that means no Hard Drive installed.

Looking at the parts list from above i'm wondering whether from High to 3G+ I may only need:

7 Inch Display | 8R0 919 604 | £60 -- Is the 3G High Screen the same already?
MMI Control Panel | 8T0 919 611 K | £90 - -(8T0919609G i believe for S4 - correct me if im wrong)
Drive Select Button if i want Drive Select to be added? (not sure if does anything if not got the suspension, diff options etc which it doesnt).

If anyone has done 3G High to 3G+ or just knows whats needed, could you confirm?

thanks
@Darrenkellum , one thing I would say about this is that my S4 came new with the full monty MMI 3G+ Navigation system, and I thought it was great. Until it was a year old and I discovered that to keep the mapping up to date I'd either have to pay an Audi dealer the best part of £300 a year or risk a three-to-four-hour DIY job that personally I don't feel comfortable doing. As a result, I've not bothered and my mapping is now four years old and I tend to use an app on my phone rather than the on-board system. So for me, the conclusion would be, if the car didn't already have it, I wouldn't have bothered. Also, the system itself is, at its best, old technology now, so if you were looking to update and upgrade, might a kit from RSNav be a better bet?

Reactions: scotty76
Now that is a nice piece of kit! I will certainly look into one of those as well then. Agree that in the end, even with the MMI upgrade, you'd still end up feeling like you are behind the times. Thanks for the idea!

Reactions: jdp1962
I never understood in car nav. It's out of date almost immediately whereas an app is up to date and free or cheap. Last time I discussed this someone said they didn't like the wires! As it would have been (from memory) a £1200 option when I bought my car I'm happy with a wire!

Reactions: jdp1962
I never understood in car nav. It's out of date almost immediately whereas an app is up to date and free or cheap. Last time I discussed this someone said they didn't like the wires! As it would have been (from memory) a £1200 option when I bought my car I'm happy with a wire!
Bet they have a wire to charge their phone. :)

Reactions: scotty76
Hello,
I am now attempting to retro fit MMI 3G on my S4 avant B8 from Symphony + B&O + AMI in glove box. I have all the parts from Your list.
Bought harness from this guy on eBay :
I am at the stageI have got harness layout in the car but:
Old connectors blue and green do I have to rewire them and connect to the main unit or I have to extend them and rewire to the radio?
Main unit I did like You and used terminal 30 and 31 from original harness and connect them to new one do I have to extend the wires to the back and connect them to radio to?
Do I use old pinouts from harness at the front for speakers, bluetooth, ami and fit them in to new harness?
If You could post pinout for new amp because picture got deleted.
Thank You for Your help.

Hey all,

So my first post after spending a couple of months scouring through these forums to work out my own retrofit. I recently got myself a very nice little 2010 B8 which had a Symphony radio unit in it with bluetooth phone prep (no A2DP) and an aux input (I have to say I have always been a big fan of aux input as it really retains the sound quality unlike A2DP but ofcourse it doesnt give you any control!)

So I started looking at options to do a bit of A2DP and may be even screen mirroring but the options were really clunky and if I would say so 'not pleasing to the eye' such as Dynavin and the Alpine option. So I went on my journey to look to do a OEM retrofit, starting with the 3G unit since 3G+ was going to be too expensive but I somehow convinced myself to go for the 3G+ anyway.
So long story short I managed to gather all the parts together which I have listed below and I luckily managed to find a 2013 B8.5 that was being broken so I got a lot of the parts a bit of wiring from it.

As I had only ever done some minor retrofits on my previous car (Civic hatchback) in terms of fitting an A2DP module from Xcarlink and a couple of other plug n play modules, this was a huge undertaking for me and breaking apart a german instead of Japanese car was overwhelming in itself!

Also before I get into the details, big shout out to @Stonefish as he helped me a lot in working out what I needed and how to do it all, I'll list out the links that were particularly useful to me from other forums and on the web.

So here are the parts I got:
MMI Main Unit | 8R2 035 666 F | £250
Gateway | 8R0 907 468 N | £20
Dab Radio | 4G0 035 061 D | £100
7 Inch Display | 8R0 919 604 | £60
DAB Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AC | £10
FM/AM Antenna Amplifier | 8K5 035 225 AA | £10
MMI Control Panel | 8T0 919 611 K | £90
Climate control panel | 8K2820043AH | £20
Main Unit Mount (Dash) | 8K0 858 969 | £30
Radio Mount (Boot) | 8T0 907 368 A | £20
Microphones | 4L1 035 711 C | £10
Fibre optic, Fakra cables, quadlock connectors and some other connectors from Audi
LVDS Cable (MMI to Display)
GPS Receiver from Ebay - £5

As I had some of the cables that I ripped out from the original car I just ordered a new set of fibre optics from ebay for a 5m length, but I found out I only need 4m so a meter is just rolled up in the side of the boot. Now if you have the active sound system with the amp in the left hand side pocket of your boot then I suggest you dont need to lay down any additional cables except for fibre optics as you can use the existing cables for all connections needed. I will go in more detail for the cabling later on below. If you are not so confident in the wiring, then just order the wiring harness from Kufatec (£300) and lay it down, it does reduce the headache by quite a bit since they supply the LVDS cable too and I was lucky enough to get that from the previous car.

So started off with the first picture as my set up, and then started pulling it all apart as you can see from some of the following photos, now interestingly as I progressed with the work I forgot to take more detailed photos since I was busy swearing my life on the car. But I will try and highlight the process in some steps below:
77143-43ef38c8692888cd902117cdb88f3642.jpg

1 - Start with removing the screen trim with the trim removal tool, start popping it out from the steering wheel side and work your way round to the left and then the top, it only has 4 poppers that come off quite easily

2 - Using pry tool pop out the air vents, quite easy to do starting from the left or the right side of the vent.

3 - Using pry tool pop out the AC controls, again start from the left side and it pops out quite easy with a pry tool.

4 - Using a 8 mm bolt driver, get rid of the 4 bolts holding the symphony radio in, once removed just slide out the radio and unplug the quadlock and fakra cables at the back.

(A lot of the trim removal is given in the manuals on the link here - http://www.a5oc.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-tech/25999-trim-removal-routing-wires.html )

5 - Remove the 4 torx screws holding the screen in using a t20 torx driver
77144-e1f2d82dbbb7a5cd82c5b908f2c874c8.jpg

6 - Remove the glove box, there should be 3 8mm bolts on the inside as you open it right above, then 2 more in the footwell right at the back and then the last one is on the left side to reach this you have to open the fuse box area which is quite straight forward, stick a screw driver in the groove and pop out.
View attachment 90988
7 - Lay down the fibre optic from front dash to the boot - I couldn't remove the door sills from the middle and the back seats bit so just used a steel hanger to pull the fibre optic from the front passenger door to the back door all towards the mid of the seat. I also couldn't get the side trim off in the boot so found a wee lil gap between the chassis behind the back seat and the boot lining so pulled the cable through there.
View attachment 90990 View attachment 90991 View attachment 90992
8 - Now had to sort out all the cabling:

a) Disconnect battery​
b) At the dash, in the quad lock for the main head unit, I connected the previous quadlock's Terminal 30 to the new one, connected terminal 31 to a nearby bolt touching directly with the chassis to ground​
c) Used the existing terminal 30 and 31 from the quadlock to connect the terminal 30 and 31 for the screen, the existing terminal 30 was connected to the fuse box with a 5amp fuse which is what you need for the new head unit and the screen (maybe I should switch it to a 7.5 or a 10 amp one as I have both connected on the same terminal 30.​
d) There is an existing CAN bus high and low cable in the existing quadlock connector, I used one of these (orange/brown) cables to act as the Open loop diagnostic connection wire, this connects the head unit, the radio and the gateway together, use the pin out diagrams from the links below to see which position this cable is in.​

e) Use a 4 core cable to connect the mics into the quad lock connector, the existing mic doesnt plug straight into the old radio as it goes to the bluetooth module somewhere under the centre console and that then connects to the old radio, the 4 core cable connects in the blue connector within the quadlock​
To get this done you have to get the A pillar off from the passenger side which is easy once you know what yo're doing, basically use a screw driver to pull out the tab that says air bag, there is a torx screw behind it, un do that that then pull, it should come off. http://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-sq5-discussion-129/pillar-trim-removal-2854535/
f) you may want to have the AMI cable - I had this from the previous car too, if not you can continue to have the AUX cable instead, note you cannot use both at the same time​
g) I used a standard GPS receiver that I ordered off ebay and I have stuck it up under the dashboard just behind the screen, there was a nice boxy type space right behind the screen on the top side of the dash, using double sided tape provided with it...job done.​
g) head to the back now and re wire the amp wires to the quadlock for the new radio - this re wiring is given in the link below http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ild-Thread?p=10711667&viewfull=1#post10711667
h) As again, I used the existing terminal 30 and 31 into the new quadlock connector, I haven't yet checked if the fuse is the correct size on this loop or not, I will do it this weekend​
i) lay the fakra cables from the back to the back pillars, the cables can go up through a gap just under the seat belt for the rear left seat (Some pictures below), now if you have the DAB radio like I did, you will need the extra fakra cable to go across the rear parcel shelf and onto the other pillar where you would need to install the new aerial amplifier, the aerial should already be built into the rear windscreen and there should be. You can see that I have had to tape up the amplifier for now since i dont have the screws or anything to hold the amplifier in place, have to figure that one out yet!​

9 - head to the front again and pop out the leather bit around the gear stick, easy to pop out from the right or left side if you push something slim between the chrome bit and the leather and push in towards the leather side, once this is removed put your hand inside and pull upwards, this releases the 2 clips at the bottom of the gear surround and then pull out

10 - Ash tray is held in with 2 8mm bolts too, once undone the ash tray slides out towards you
View attachment 90989
11 - lay down the cables from the quadlock to the MMI controls behind the ash tray and lay an extension cable for the ESP and the Auto start stop switch, I just cut the existing plugs and added in some extra cable length with a normal 7 core 0.7mm cable.

12 - Now connect up the controls, the ESP and Auto start/stop switches....or whatever configuration you have.
Start plugging in all the other bits too - Radio, MMI head unit, New gateway, AMI, screen

13 - Connect up the battery again and the car will go into Component Protection mode, so you will see a very dull MMI screen, not climate controls work - one light flashes on them, the DIS doesn't display anything but 'Safe' and the non of the dials work except the speedo
So long as you are seeing all of the above - things are going well, as at one point I hadn't connected up the radio and the MMI wont turn on so I was worried if it wasn't a dead unit

14 - Get the CP removed and @Ash187 did this for me, great guy and will help you out on other bits too, he coded the unit for me and also coded the Climate control panel (So effectively I have no idea what he did :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:)

15 - Once the CP is removed, the car is back to normal state and everything works as per plan

Now I hadn't connected up the fakra cables at this point from the radio to the antenna amplifiers but surprisingly I was getting great DAB reception although no FM/AM, no idea how that was happening!! Since then I have so its now all working and I have TMC and TP too

Since then I have also done a bit of the VCDS coding to enable the following:
- Passenger side mirror tilt upon reverse gear
- Semi - Cornering lights via the fog lights upon turning wheel and turn signals
- Chirp at lock/unlock (I have disabled it now cuz it sounds too aftermarket and its not through the horn)
- Disabled seat belt warning
- Enabled adaptive brake ligths and hazards under hard braking
- Guage test/ needle sweep
- Enabled Video in Motion
- Enabled Audi Drive Select - I can only have Engine and Steering altered with this, but its still fun

Lastly I have updated the maps to the latest 2016 version too now so all new streets have been added.

Next would be to add in a rear view camera and still debating on whether to do the google maps via tethering option.

Any questions on the above let me know and I will be more than happy to help!

Ps This is the result
View attachment 90987