Symphony II to II+ upgrades

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.tclsatnav.com
Anyone interested in upgrading their symphony II to a 2007 Symphony II+ with large display and Mp3 playback on the 6 CD changer with ID tags.

I'm thinking around £199 fitted including manual etc.

Craig

i wouldn't bother - II+ has some bugs over the older II - i prefered the old one

Yea I really want to change my Chorus because it's doing my nut in that it can't read MP3 CD's. Is there a Chorus 3? I don't need the tape player in Symphony =/

Lets just be clear here, the symphony II+ is the latest generation CD/radio from Audi for 2007. It has a 3 band radio and 6 CD changer player with MP3 capability. NO TAPE DECK.

There is a concert II+ single CD which is the same size as the symphony II+

No Chorus radio.

Here is a link to the symphony II+ radio.

http://clipboard.servepics.com:8081/Pictures/Symphony/symphonyII+.jpg

Yep I'm interested... but I have a single din concert unit at present, can it be done?
Cheers...

centurion said:
Yep I'm interested... but I have a single din concert unit at present, can it be done?
Cheers...

It is possible, but obviously there is more cost involved.

Conversion from single to double DIN is tricky in the A3 but not impossible.

Another £199 for the conversion

Cheers s8craig,

400 sheets, that might have to wait a while and plus I don't know when I'm gonna be in Manchester unless you fancy a trip down here to the south west?

I'm interested as I have a Symphony II and would like MP3 playback. If its a simple plug-n-play I could fit myself, unless it needs VAG COM. Do you have a price to send to West Wales for a DIYer??

It can be a simple plug and play, I can supply the cables and a set of keys but I would have to charge for postage, next day.

If you specify the spec of your car I will make sure the symphony II+ is programmed up to your specs.

Craig

I have read your PM I think we may have an issue, if you have CD based nav in the boot with the controls by the hand break I think you cannot have symphony II+. From 2007 the BNS5.0 was the solution for CD based nav.

So the symphony II+ does not have the inputs required for the nav system voice commands.

I have checked in Elsawin and the the BNS 4.0 that you have will only work with the older symphony/concert II.

Craig

OK thanks for that we will have to forget it. How doeas the fact that I have the CD based Sat Nav effect the swap to the DVD RNS-E Sat Nav unit should I wish to go that route?

Dave

Be carefull, one member tried it and failed because the aerial system had changed. Also if you play MP3 cd's as advised by the manual, Audi won't warranty it when it goes wrong. (my experiance)

Chris.

I know of the antenna issues and have resolved this.

Why Audi will not warranty a CD changer designed to play Mp3's after playing Mp3's CD's is beyond me, I would sue there 4rs3s off if they tried to pull a stunt like that.

As long as you disconnect everything you will be fine.

dai-click said:
OK thanks for that we will have to forget it. How doeas the fact that I have the CD based Sat Nav effect the swap to the DVD RNS-E Sat Nav unit should I wish to go that route?

Dave

Sorry to hijack this thread I am wanting to do something similar, I have an A3 8P 2004 with the single din unit with the CD based nav in the boot with the controls by the hand break and the full bose system. I want to swap this for the RNS-E based DVD sat nat.

I presume I would just disconnect the controls in the centre. What would you charge to do this s8craig (single to double din, RNS-E, aerial conversions etc etc)

I have read you can trim down the air con controls but need new esp switches and blanks.

If you supply the RNS-E then I charge £300 for the whole conversion, switches, new facia, din cage and heater control move. And I will install the RNS-E, but if you need adaptor cables (which most people do) I will provide them at cost.

s8craig said:
I know of the antenna issues and have resolved this.

Hi Craig, I know this involves a rewire for the antenna components in the boot lid. But can you tell me which components need to be changed if any?

Many thanks.

JohnS3 said:
Hi Craig, I know this involves a rewire for the antenna components in the boot lid. But can you tell me which components need to be changed if any?

Many thanks.

OR how much would you charge to do the work on my behalf?

John

What were talking about here is the older ZF/HF to 2x HF, not the RNS-E issue with your car.

Craig

JohnS3 said:

Many thanks.

Hi Craig

Just a quick note to say thanks.
Old man called me up to say he picked up the new radio this morning.

Will let you know how I get on installing it when he brings it down in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Rick

So all in all Craig, basically £400 to get a conversion from Chorus II > Symphony II+ right. Does that include fitting?

Also, you know some new units complement the speakers better, am I likely to get bette sound quality from the Symphony II+ than my current Chorus II?

The price is correct, I can't really comment on the sound of the Symphony II+ against the Chorus unit as I've never tested them.

But the last guy I did Concert II to Symphony II+ for said the sound had improved.