Symphony II & parrot MKi9100

bendhamrait

Reaction score
[h=2]hello all, [/h]

I have read a lot of threads regarding the installation of parrots, but I'm getting more and more confused.

I have a 2006 A3 2.0T Q S-line. It has a double din symphony 2, its a 6 disc changer as well, all the speakers are Bose...but there is no sub/amp in the boot? is this normal, and my question is , if i fit a Parrot MK 9100 will i need any other cables/mods to get it working through the Bose side of things as I've read about it using just the parrot amp and not the audi/bose stuff when streaming music...

sorry if this doesn't make sense, any help would be appreciated.

thanks ben​

It must have an amp, all Audi HU's have either a 2 channel amp (non bose) or 4 channel for BOSE. It's just built into the sub in an A3.

Thanks mate, i have look in the boot and my old A3 had a compartment with sub/amp. But this one has all bose lab led up speaker grills, says bose when you turn the stereo pn. but there isn't a sub in the boot, well i can't see a access compartment...or isn't there one?

thanks ben

It's hidden, no access compartments. Just checked, the A3 non BOSE it's in the SUB, but the BOSE does have a seperate BOSE amp.

thank you i appreciate that, stopped me being as confused !
just a question of do i need any further mods for adding this parrot.

thanks again

Yes you probably will... I had a Parrot MK9200i fitted to my A3 and without the additional lead (a matchmute from Autoleads - around £60) you will only get the parrot through the front two speakers and it wont mute the bose speakers and sub in the rear of the car...
Fine at first i thought... but after a while it really annoyed me! I bought the matchmute connection loom and it worked a treat. Bit of a job to install but worth it... my A3 has now gone unfortunately, so i have this loom as spare if ur interested?? ;-)

thanks for the reply, sorry only just checked it. i have now sent the autoleads one back due to whine and noise i bought a lead from nemesis audio (reccomended by parrot) for 70quid! wish i had seen your post earlier :(