Symphony II (Bose) to RNS-E = PEICE OF CAKE!

a3_dan

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently bought an RNS-E and was going from the Symphony II with Bose to my new RNS-E.

It really was a doddle thanks to the Kufatec cables I ordered! No pin alterations reqired as they done all that for me when you state you have Bose.

I opted for positoning my GPS antenna above my clocks so took the dash out and stuck it with some double sided tape to the area above the clocks. Will have to see how my GPS signal strength goes, but so far so good.

Below are th cables from kufatec, i ddnt take pics of the install, as it really was so easy! Just plug and play!

Kufatec Harness Adaptor & Kufatec Diversity Antenna Adaptor:
12122009006.jpg

After testing I have found that I do not get any noise/humming from my speakers like ive notced many others on his forum have complained about with their RNS-E installs?? So bit weird, but im not complaining LOL. Although when I did lock myself in my car to test this, the only sound I get is the spinning of the DVD for some time. But I beleive this is normal.

I also have my Ipod kit hookd up to the CD changer part of the RNS-E also, and that still works perfectly fine.

Oh and the DIS direction info displays first time without having to mess around with pressing the pins on the clocks or switching the engine or head unit or or off.

Also just wanted to say thanks to Mitch78 for a smooth transaction and sending of the RNS-E, Top bloke and would recommend to anyone else wanting to buy parts from him.

Cheers, :kissmyrings:
Dan

Im thinking of going the same way. What did it come with, you needed the lead but did you need the housing or does it fit straight in?

Do you have a link for the lead needed?

Im thinking of going the same way. What did it come with, you needed the lead but did you need the housing or does it fit straight in?

Do you have a link for the lead needed?

Well I bought my cables seperatly, but only after paying did i realise i could have saved a few quid as they have a bundle pack with all you need in one slightly cheaper bundle:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...E-Adapter---antenna-adapter---Unlock-key.html

This bundle is ALL you require if you are going from a symphony II to an RNS-E.

As long as you have a double din head unit, the rns-e will pop straight in, no housings etc required. (Just make sure you get the A3 RNS-E) :o.k:

Been driving around today and have always had about 7 GPS satelites signal, so looks like the positoning of my antenna has worked well too!

Cheers
Dan

Thanks for the info. I just won one on ebay that comes with all the cables and CD. Thanks again. :)

i did mine too last week, but mine was i single din, have you coded?
i put the gps on top of glove getting like 4-5 sats, whats the max sats you can get?

i put the gps on top of glove getting like 4-5 sats, whats the max sats you can get?

Been driving around today and have always had about 7 GPS satelites signal, so looks like the positoning of my antenna has worked well too!

Cheers
Dan

Where did you locate your antenna? people say they install it in the glove box. How do you run the cables through, do you need to take the dash apart?
:beerchug:

what would be the difference with having it under the dash as opposed to in the glove box? Both I assume would receive the same satellite reception strength?

Just installed and seems to be all ok, but noticed the CD stacker in glovebox is staying lite up on the buttons. Any ideas?

Cheers

I havnt coded yet, tbh, not too bothered with that as all seems fine at mo. Will do at some point though.

I have been getting up to 8 sats, normally sit on 6-7 though.

Where did you locate your antenna? people say they install it in the glove box. How do you run the cables through, do you need to take the dash apart?
:beerchug:

I was told by some mates who have also retro fitted (and they work in the ICE industry) to put the GPS behind the clocks. Its realyl easy, all you need to do is put the steering wheel adjustment all the way to the bottom, then slide the black bit of plastic above the column out (the bit which has the leather material attached). Just pull that out, then you will see two, i think 8mm nuts, take them out, an then slide the clocks out. Then I just threaded the gps lead through a gap to the back of the RNS-E. Its realy easy. Then just stick the GPS to the back of the dash area. Will take no more than 10minutes!

what would be the difference with having it under the dash as opposed to in the glove box? Both I assume would receive the same satellite reception strength?

Not sure tbh, but bhind thedas takes lilke 10mins, and is easy! Oh, and effective! I get very good signal all the time.

Just installed and seems to be all ok, but noticed the CD stacker in glovebox is staying lite up on the buttons. Any ideas?

Cheers

Sorry pal, i havnt got a stacker so wouldnt know about ths, however, could this be due to the RNS-E actually still being active even after you switch the car off? Like the hissing sound you get from the speakers and the whirring of the DVD drive? Have you tried locking yourself in the car and seeing after a while that the lights later turn off?

Cheers Dan.

I brought the RNS-E and he gave me the 2007 Map. It does seem to be working and the CD. Only Radio is working.

It Says "CD unreadable."

Would it be the CD or have I done something wrong? seemed so easy to fit the wires in the back I cant image I did something wrong??

Any Ideas pep?

Reset the system holding the 2 buttons and all good now, just needed a boot... .up the backside.