Symphony II and MP3 CD's?

sje_123

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just pick up my new S3 and I am having problems with the MP3 playing capability.

I can get iTunes to burn say 4 albums to a CD and it plays fine in the car, howerver, iTunes just numbers the tracks from say 1-50 and they just appear in a long list in the car, not separated into albums/folders.

If I just burn a data CD with JUST mp3's on it in 4 folders with the relevant mp3's in them it wont play.

In the manual it shows and mp3 CD in the Symphony II with various folders containing mp3', how do I burn such a disk?

Cheers!

I just made a folder for each album and put the mp3 files in each folder as appropriate. So the root had four folders in it, and inside each folder where the MP3s. Proabably best to give each MP3 file the track number first in the filename, so they list/play in the right order.

I think I used Nero, but you should be able to do it easily with most CD burning tools, even Windows built-in one. Important thing is to select the option to properly finish the burn, so the CD can no longer be written to.

I just used Windows 7 (should work in Vista too) to drag folders of MP3s on a disk, and let it burn it as a data CD. WMP (I've configured it to rip MP3 rather than WMA) stores tracks with an initial track number in the name - Symphony shows track and album (folder name), artist etc - presumably from the MP3 data collected by WMP.

If only I could get spotify into the car... (And no I don't have an iphone!)

Paul

I just made a folder for each album and put the mp3 files in each folder as appropriate. So the root had four folders in it, and inside each folder where the MP3s. Proabably best to give each MP3 file the track number first in the filename, so they list/play in the right order.

I think I used Nero, but you should be able to do it easily with most CD burning tools, even Windows built-in one. Important thing is to select the option to properly finish the burn, so the CD can no longer be written to.

I think I did close the session on the disk so I'm not sure that was the problem.

I have just downloaded Nero so I'm going to give that a go now.

So on your CD's you just have say 5 albums in 5 folders on the CD? Are thoes folders in one main folder or just individually on the CD? Either way, I think I have tried both and I just get 'Error' from the symphony, but I'm going to giver Nero a bash now.

Will let you know!

EDIT: Working perfectly with Nero using the 'Jukebox Disk', all albums, tracks and artist showing up perfectly, Thanks guys! Will post up pics of the new S3 after the weekend!

:s3addict:

Last edited: