Symphony CD changer/HDD options

thorsy22

Reaction score
Hi guys, need some help/advice.

I have a symphony head unit with Bose in my 2001 8L S3, getting fed up especially on longer journeys where the one CD is not enough. Have looked to see about installing an OEM CD changer (as lots going cheap on ebay atm) but the cable isn't there.
Can anyone confirm a part number for the required headunit to boot cable (think its 4B0 051 735B) and believe the CD changer is part 4B0 035 111A (can anyone confirm this also).

Anyone got any other suggestions/recommendations instead of a CD changer?

Thanks in advance
Gaz

I thought the Concert was the single CD option and the Symphony was the front-loader 6 CD system?

If you upgrade to the v2 of those headunits (usually not too expensive off eBay) then you can feed them MP3 CD's, which might be less hassle and more OEM :)

That said, I've seen some decent Phatnoise MP3 HDD setups and they're a lot cheaper than my setup (RNSe + Ampire AV input).

Last edited:
Symphony 1 is the one I have which is single CD and Cassette with the option for the boot changer.

I believe Symphony 2 is the one with the dash 6 CD changer but think it's Canbus (where as my car isn't) and thought it would lead to more work with the connections installing it?

Last edited:
you may be right: I've just noticed the A3 8L.... I think A4 8E's came with a canbus version of Symphony1.