Symphony 2 / Bluetooth / CD input?

feck_on_a_stick

Reaction score
I had posted this in the ICE section but it seems very quiet over there, so apologies for posting here also, but hoping someone can help.

I have a Symphony II stereo and had been using a Parrot MKi9200 for bluetooth calls and bluetooth music streaming from my phone. I never really liked the separate screen and remote and started looking something a bit more subtle without a screen and remote to stick on the dash.

I removed the stereo and noticed this plug diagram which shows an 8-pin input for 'CD' in part of the 20-pin plug.

So I've a 20-pin plug that goes in to the top port in the photo and these pins control CD/CAN/LINE-OUT.

Can anyone tell me if the CD part actually controls anything at the minute? I've seen some companies sell bluetooth units that plug in to an external cd port on the back of stereos, but I'm guessing the Symphony II doesn't have one, unless that CD part of the 20-pin plug does something?

I found a Connects2 unit for example which would have been perfect. There wouldn't be a visible display and I could answer falls with the FF button on the stereo, however, the sales team at Connects2 have sent me a pretty short generic response saying it won't work on the Symphony II as it doesn't have a cd multi-changer input. I've contacted a couple of 3rd party vendors who say it might work, but won't give me a refund if I open the packaging and it doesn't work. Has anyone used one of these Connects2 kits on a Symphony II stereo?

The photo shows a red 20-pin plug which I assume goes in to the stereo. There are three coloured plugs connected which I'm guessing are CD (blue) and CAN (green)

I've searched on here and other forums but unfortunately can't find anything conclusive.

This is the Connect2 kit for Audi A3 1998-2003 Concert/Chorus/Symphony

CTAADBT003.jpg

Last edited:
Don't quote me on anything as this was a long time ago however I used connects2 with Bose symphony ii on my old a3 8p and worked well, yet wanted Bluetooth so later got myself a Denison 300 bt which by far was amazing.

The red lead with the connects2 I believe is for Bose system can't really remember well.

If you want quality don't get connects2 I would over and over again go with dension. And on the plus side they have a product finder on their website so you are sure it will work.