Switching from A6 to A4 Allroad/S4?

tonipahnig

Reaction score
Hi,

I am single, always wanted an audi estate car and two years ago I fulfilled my dream - got an A6 Avant 45TFSI. I really like driving it.

I am currently thinking of switching it because I find it a bit too big for my taste (don’t like myself driving around in a massive car) and most of the time I’m in it by myself. I am no fast driver, although I like how this car (big heavy and pretty powerful car on 4x4) sticks to the road. I’ve been driving for almost 20 years now, my last car was Octavia III so you must understand how big of switch that was :)

So I drove my friends A4 (35TFSI and FWD) and I must say, it was a decent ride! Obviously quick to oversteer, but it was quite quiet on the highway (waay quieter than the Octavia!) and I thought that maybe I should go towards an A4?

Thought for a moment about the allroad (I do a lot of skiing although I very rarely need the clearance - usually there’s snow on the road, but not as much here in Poland), but I realised that for the priced of an decent-spec allroad I could get an S4. My friend (back in the day) had a C7 S6 and I absolutely loved it (but same size as A6 and maybe a bit too flashy :)). So now I’m pondering getting an S4 cause I always liked those ‚S’ cars but I’m also thinking whether I will have enough fun driving it. I actually like the idea of the TDI to give me power but also decent mileage per liter.

So I‚m asking whether any of you made a switch like that and what did you miss about A6 or what did you love about the A4/ S4 ? Or maybe the allroad?

For me, I prefer the A6. The new look is luxurious and elegant. Besides, the interior is spacious and modern. It is also equipped with many first-class comfort technologies. The engine block of V6 is powerful with smooth and flexible operation