Switched power source - problems

• Thread starter imported_Watson
  • Start date
I

imported_Watson

Dear All,

After reading lots of helpful posts on the forums about sourcing a switched power supply for aftermakret stereos and car phone kits I finally had a chance to attempt an install of my Parrot bluetooth kit last weekend.

Removing the dashboard trim on the drivers side was fiddly, but I did it. However, I needed to get a switched power source for the kit. On the ICE forum I uncovered that this could sometimes be found from specific fuses (10/37 I think). Unfortuantely, these don't tally up with the (8P) A3. I found out elsewhere that it should be possible to remove the fusebox and tap of an exisiting wire going to the "bus bar".

However, I was unable - despite the air being blue and much time trying! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif - to get the fuse box out. One screw at the bottom simply won't undo (which may be by design).

Could anyone who has sourced a switched supply give me a few pointers please? If there is another one that doesn't involve removing the fuse box that would be even better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,

Toby.

There may be 2 - 3 screws under the steering column, first remove lower cover. At least one should be a switched live.

Read this somewhere, haven't actually tried it yet.

Thanks. I think someone mentioned that this was the setup in their previous car which was a Golf. I couldn't see this in my A3 though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Toby.

Toby - if you do manage it in the end, can you post instructions of your project. I am awaiting delivery of my week 6 SB and also have a parrot kit previously which is ready to go into the new car.

Cheers