Switched power in a 2017 boot

matt.gp

Reaction score
Hi,

i have a 2017 A5 coupe and have just finished running the wires for a front and rear Garmin dash cam.

The front camera went in very easily with a few checks using a multimeter I found a switched and perm live fuse slot; both empty too.

In the boot however, everything seems to be perm 12v. I have been told having the key nearby etc can keep circuits alive but I have tried a few things and have come to the conclusion the rear fuses are always live.

Please can someone prove me wrong or just point me to another handy 12v switched wire I can tap.

Thanks!!

Just use the same switched from the front, as you're running wires through & keeps the cams on the same circuit, only needs 1 wire as you'll use a ground at the rear anyway.

Just use the same switched from the front, as you're running wires through & keeps the cams on the same circuit, only needs 1 wire as you'll use a ground at the rear anyway.

the cameras do not need to be connected together, garmin camera also needs one live and one switched connection.

I’m looking for a switched 12v source at the back of the car to avoid running a wire the length of the car and using the good connections k have already identified in the front.