1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tonye60

Tonye60 Member

Just bought a blackvue Dashcam, it was reduced in halfords to £135. I’m going to hardware It up to the fuse box in the passenger footwell, I have a female cigarette lighter adapter. Does anyone know what spare fuse is switched live, I’m not to bothered about the camera recording when the vehicle is parked. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Fozzie1960

Fozzie1960 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Tango saloon Audi A4 quattro S tronic S-line owners group

The Audi tech at my dealer said that the 15A bank of fuses are switched live and the 30A fuses are all permanent live). Test the banks with a multimeter to determine which ones are switched and what ones are permanent. Pages 406 to 408 of the owner's manual (8W0012720AE) show the fuse banks. I wired mine into the passenger side fuse bank. Behind the trim on that side is a nice earthing point.

4. Tonye60

Tonye60 Member

Thanks, didnt want to bother with the power magic pro device

5. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

Could you kindly do a how to once you have this setup. Would be much appreciated

6. Manity

Manity New Member

Hi all
    bank 2 permanent live for park mode
    bank 4 switched live

use 5 amp if using a piggy back fuse..

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg