Switchable map or not

bantam1

Reaction score
Could anyone with switchable maps tell me what the advantages of them are and whether and when they use the switchability. I am about to get my S3 remapped and was going to go with APR as then I can switch maps (plus the map is relatively smooth I believe). I am now having second thoughts as to get the standard and chipped optimax programs will cost 474 (plus V.A.T.) and when I asked Awesome about what diagnostics they run pre remap to make sure the car is OK they told me they would charge another 45 (plus V.A.T) for a full check. A bit miffed about this as most tuners seem to offer some sort of car health check prior to mapping. I appreciate this may just be for peace of mind, but to be honest that is what I'm after.

So would I use a switchable map (car is out of warranty so no issues there).

Cheers,

B.

Had switchable in the past, and tbh its a bit gimmicky.

You soon get bored, soon leave it on one program, and not bother.

With the likes of Revo SPS 3 which i had, my own personal feeklings are, that its too much adjustability for joe public. More doesnt always mean faster, and you never quite new if you were getting the optimum out of the car or pushing it to far.

With this car, i went with a fixed, serial remap thats fully revisable.

Havent looked back since.

PaulS3 said:
Had switchable in the past, and tbh its a bit gimmicky.

You soon get bored, soon leave it on one program, and not bother.

With the likes of Revo SPS 3 which i had, my own personal feeklings are, that its too much adjustability for joe public. More doesnt always mean faster, and you never quite new if you were getting the optimum out of the car or pushing it to far.

With this car, i went with a fixed, serial remap thats fully revisable.

Havent looked back since.

What remap have you got Paul?

Cheers