Switchable 12V source in roof lining for dash cam?

Loco

Reaction score
Hi all,
Pretty much as the title says: I'd like to avoid running a cable around the dash and windscreen from the cigar lighter to power a dash cam. I've got an s-line B7, no sunroof. Is there a 12V source up there i can use, if not, how much of a nightmare is it to run a cable from somewhere, underneath body panels to provide one?

I'm looking for a 12V source that will be on whenever the ignition is on, in order for the dash camera to automatically power on and record.

Thanks in advance!

On my A3 I ran the cable across to the drivers door and then down the front to the fuse panel, though can't remember which fuse. Also had to run a cable to the rear screen, all really easy and works like a charm.

Best option is to use a new fuse point, so not to disturb an existing circuit that has its own required load, as if it goes over & blows a fuse it will take several systems down with it, hence why I always run new feeds in for clients non audi devices.

Working through them bud, I'll check now, sorry been ill for a while & not been about much.

Thanks all.

Any guides out there for interior trim removal?