Swirl Marks - Navarra S3

I hate to tell you but red is a high maintenance colour for swirls etc.
On Saturday I was following my wife into town. I could see the sun reflecting off the red A3. I could not believe I could see halos from the swirl marks from about 20 yards away. Especially as I had detailed the car just a few weeks ago.

I'm going to SRP and wax the rear of the car again. Then I'm going to stand back 20 yards and check it. If it removes the halos then I know it was the wash that Audi gave the car last week that did this.

You lucky *******!! When did you book that!?!? I called in Feb some time and was quoted an August slot so have had to book in elsewhere to get new car detail sorted.

I'm sure my guys (recommended by Jim) will be great but seeing his stuff, I really wanted to have him do the work. Looking forward to pics! :D

Haha I booked him in November/December I believe, he seems to be booked a good 4-5 months in advance! I saw a video of him on here then looked at his stuff, was really happy with what I saw. He's a 2 hour drive from me then 3 trains home lol

He's often with AM Details on instagram, is that who you're using?

Without wishing to get into the detail of how to detail a car here, read up on how to clean a car. There is loads of great info on this site. Best bit of kit I bought was all of the snow foam paraphernalia for the pressure washer. As the first stage to washing a car, this stuff is amazing and you can actually see grime, however messy and stuck to the paintwork, loosen up and slide off even before you have touched the car. This in itself must prevent a lot of swirling.

Agreed, Jim actually done a video not long ago demonstrating best wash practices, said you want to avoid touching the car as much as possible. Use a pressure washer, snow foam etc to get as much dirt and grime off before making contact with the bodywork.

Reactions: Steelster
My father used to swear by this stuff - but he bought all sorts of **** off the shopping channels. Watch and weep.
http://www.qvcuk.com/Greased-Lightn...em=507277&recommendationTypeId=IOFFER&sc=DTLR

I used this stuff on my old BM. If your paintwork is blemish free and you top it with this it's pretty good and keeping everything off your paintwork. It's touted as a waterless wash but I used it as a wax to protect! It's a very easy product to use and worth it.

Haha I booked him in November/December I believe, he seems to be booked a good 4-5 months in advance! I saw a video of him on here then looked at his stuff, was really happy with what I saw. He's a 2 hour drive from me then 3 trains home lol

He's often with AM Details on instagram, is that who you're using?

Agreed, Jim actually done a video not long ago demonstrating best wash practices, said you want to avoid touching the car as much as possible. Use a pressure washer, snow foam etc to get as much dirt and grime off before making contact with the bodywork.
No actually a company in Doncaster called CleanDetail. AMDetails is not close to me at all but if they were I would have given them a call for sure.

I just dropped a LOT of money on stuff to keep it in shape after the detail, lets hope I don't screw it up. Going to give her a trial run in the next week or so before the detail to see how I do!

Reactions: Tom.H
I posted a while back asking for the best way to get rid of grubby suntan lotion hand prints on my neighbours car. Got the answer I needed but he only came and asked me once he'd tried T-Cut original, but wait for it....................applied by a scouring pad!! He had mangled the paintwork big style! Wasn't just in one spot, all along the paint just under the window frame on the drivers side!! I actually burst out laughing when I saw what he had done and used!!

lol, ****** hell i think i would have just walked away, i actually struggled watching that video above with the bloke cleaning his car with a broom

Reactions: Scottyg and Rob_F
My car was swirled to **** from new eg as issued by Audi, suspect the dealer washed it. I get Fran on here to clean mine; he got rid of the swirls and they haven't come back either.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Thanks John, Nardo Grey seems to be a soft paint from working on yours but should be fine from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Terminator x
My new S4 is due to be delivered to the dealer within the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to bring up that if they must detail the car, I will expect them to do it professionally and I will expect no issues with the paint (Or they will have to fix it).

I'll then have it immediately ceramic coated and fully protected inside and out.

Can anyone advise me what the best practice is here, and a good company in West or North London to do this?

Would also appreciate any recommendations for proper detailing/washing firm in West/North London, as I'm not really able to wash the car myself easily.

Thanks.

Q

My new S4 is due to be delivered to the dealer within the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to bring up that if they must detail the car, I will expect them to do it professionally and I will expect no issues with the paint (Or they will have to fix it).

I'll then have it immediately ceramic coated and fully protected inside and out.

Can anyone advise me what the best practice is here, and a good company in West or North London to do this?

Would also appreciate any recommendations for proper detailing/washing firm in West/North London, as I'm not really able to wash the car myself easily.

Thanks.

Q

I'm not from London but I'm from Hampshire, I look after John's RS3 on here (the last comment)
I'm a mobile fully insured professional Detailer.
My accreditations are
Professional Valeters & Detailers Assosiation approved
Max Protect Approved Detailer
Dodo juice authorised Detailer
Been in the car cleaning trade for 18 years now. If you'd like to discuss detailing your car (when it's new) and having it ceramic coated then please get in touch asap, I recently did a new car detail on a Sepang Blue SQ7 and coated every surface with max Protect coatings and it's protected for up to 5 years.
Fran.

Reactions: QTNC and Steelster
Thanks Fran
I'm not from London but I'm from Hampshire, I look after John's RS3 on here (the last comment)
I'm a mobile fully insured professional Detailer.
My accreditations are
Professional Valeters & Detailers Assosiation approved
Max Protect Approved Detailer
Dodo juice authorised Detailer
Been in the car cleaning trade for 18 years now. If you'd like to discuss detailing your car (when it's new) and having it ceramic coated then please get in touch asap, I recently did a new car detail on a Sepang Blue SQ7 and coated every surface with max Protect coatings and it's protected for up to 5 years.
Fran.

Thanks Fran, Ive send you a message.

Reactions: FranA3
I have a Navarra S3 Saloon currently and I absolutely HATE the paintwork.

Its scratches very very easily (even things like the tags on a polishing cloth mark the lacquer) then try and trying to remove the scratch is almost impossible without a machine polish and know-how.
Snow Foam, Wash, Polish, Seal, Glaze and wax the car and within a couple of hours, you can see a layer of dust appear and its just a horrible colour to maintain sorry.

I've been detailing cars at amateur level for 10-years and this by far is the worse colour/paint spec I've ever had to maintain.

Luckily its a company car and it goes back in 3 months..... Love the physical car, hate the paint

I have a Navarra S3 Saloon currently and I absolutely HATE the paintwork.

Its scratches very very easily (even things like the tags on a polishing cloth mark the lacquer) then try and trying to remove the scratch is almost impossible without a machine polish and know-how.
Snow Foam, Wash, Polish, Seal, Glaze and wax the car and within a couple of hours, you can see a layer of dust appear and its just a horrible colour to maintain sorry.

I've been detailing cars at amateur level for 10-years and this by far is the worse colour/paint spec I've ever had to maintain.

Luckily its a company car and it goes back in 3 months..... Love the physical car, hate the paint
I think the darker colours like Navarra would really benefit from a ceramic coating only. This is the route I'll go on my next car if I get a dark colour again.

After moaning about the Navarra Blue... I decided today to give it another chance and got to work this morning.
7 hrs later.... I think I've managed to at least hide the swirls marks!
Auto Finesse Tripple, Poor Boys Black hole glaze, Auto Finesse Tough coat sealant, Nattys Black Paste....... and I was quite impressed with the result (annoyingly!)

[/ATTACH]
Car 2
Car 4

Attachments

• Car 3.jpg
    Car 3.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: MikeSel^, robps3 and Scottyg
Looking great. I'd be extremely happy with that.

Your hard work has paid off!

After moaning about the Navarra Blue... I decided today to give it another chance and got to work this morning.
7 hrs later.... I think I've managed to at least hide the swirls marks!
Auto Finesse Tripple, Poor Boys Black hole glaze, Auto Finesse Tough coat sealant, Nattys Black Paste....... and I was quite impressed with the result (annoyingly!)

[/ATTACH] View attachment 124314 View attachment 124316

Hi
What order did you use these in?
Regards
Chris