Sweeping led turn signal indicators

I have tried this and confirm they work. However, I noticed there was a error with module 09 Central Electronics after enabling this tweak.

526359 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
U1014 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 249
Mileage: 17923 km
Date: 2016.05.12
Time: 14:38:18

Clearing the error doesn't help. It just reappear immediately upon checking fault code again.
Reverting the changes back to stock and the above error won't reappear after clearing it.

Not sure why an error would pop up after performing this coding. What car do you have?

Mine is a 2015 S3.
Been digging around a bit as I have not seen this error myself while coding this mod, and it would seem that it's popping up on 2015 golf MK7's also. Am thinking it might be that the newer modules / firmware might know that all the light phase channels should be in sync and report a DTC as an advisory message when they are not. Next time I have a 2015 car visit I will complete some testing and report back.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Here you go

I tried this coding.
Whilst the lights look amazing on hazards.

When I indicate left, the two lights on the left and 1 light on the right hand side, the one on the boot, also flash.
(3 Door)

I followed the coding as in the picture, did yours work perfectly fine?

I tried this coding.

When I indicate left, the two lights on the left and 1 light on the right hand side, the one on the boot, also flash.
(3 Door)

Are you 100% sure that you have coded correctly? Sounds like something else has been changed...
  • Line 4 = Indicator / Turn Signal, Inside Cluster (tail gate), Rear Left
  • Line 6 = Indicator / Turn Signal, Inside Cluster (tail gate), Rear Right
All that this change does is set the on/off timing sequence to be different from that of the Outside Clusters.

Been digging around a bit as I have not seen this error myself while coding this mod, and it would seem that it's popping up on 2015 golf MK7's also. Am thinking it might be that the newer modules / firmware might know that all the light phase channels should be in sync and report a DTC as an advisory message when they are not. Next time I have a 2015 car visit I will complete some testing and report back.

Mine also comes up with the same error, when I set the indicators out of phase. Soon as it's back to normal coding the code goes away

p01l4g01.jpg

Reactions: Rosscopecotrain
Here you go
Hi,
I have Audi A6 from the end of 2015 with Rear LED Matrix taillights (after face-lifting). It turns out that my Audi was dedicated to the Portuguese market. Most likely because of local regulations, the Rear LED Full Dynamic taillights was turned off. It works now "normal way" (sequentially). I wish to turn on Full Dynamic way of working. I tried your instruction but Security Code 31347 is not accepted :-(. It doesn't work in my A6. Any suggestions which code should I use? After many attempts I was stuck in place. Any advice appreciated. Any suggestions?
Regards,
MK

Hi,
I have Audi A6 from the end of 2015 with Rear LED Matrix taillights (after face-lifting). It turns out that my Audi was dedicated to the Portuguese market. Most likely because of local regulations, the Rear LED Full Dynamic taillights was turned off. It works now "normal way" (sequentially). I wish to turn on Full Dynamic way of working. I tried your instruction but Security Code 31347 is not accepted :-(. It doesn't work in my A6. Any suggestions which code should I use? After many attempts I was stuck in place. Any advice appreciated. Any suggestions?
Regards,
MK
Try changing it to 12345

Hi,
Regards,
MK
The A3 and the A6 are different cars coding wise. Can you advise which adaptation / coding you are trying to change?

If you are trying to change anything within 09 - Central Elect try 20113. If within 46 Central Conv try 16017.

Reactions: Rob2k68
The A3 and the A6 are different cars coding wise. Can you advise which adaptation / coding you are trying to change?

If you are trying to change anything within 09 - Central Elect try 20113. If within 46 Central Conv try 16017.

Thanks, Security code 20113 works fine. Unfortunately, after choosing 09 - Central Elect, then 10 - Adaptation, I do not see anywhere "Leucite 16BLK SLB35BLK ...". Also, the channel 04 has an error: "ERROR Channel 04 Not Available" and there is no documenation for it.
Any other suggestions how to turn on the Rear LED Full Dynamic taillights ?

Attachments

• example.PNG
    example.PNG
    755.4 KB · Views: 752
Thanks, Security code 20113 works fine. Unfortunately, after choosing 09 - Central Elect, then 10 - Adaptation, I do not see anywhere "Leucite 16BLK SLB35BLK ...". Also, the channel 04 has an error: "ERROR Channel 04 Not Available" and there is no documenation for it.
Any other suggestions how to turn on the Rear LED Full Dynamic taillights ?
Can you generate an adaptation map of 09 for me and send it over to alex@vagcarcoding.com. This will allow me, for the most part, to see what's possible:
  • VCDS Main Screen
  • Applications
  • Controller Channel Map
  • Controller Address = 09
  • Login = Leave Empty
  • Tick Adaptations
  • Select CSV file
  • Go
This will make a file called adpmap-09-xxxxx.csv in your logs folder.

I tried this coding.

(3 Door)

I have just done the same and had the same error. Worse still it kept doing it when I put it back to reset using the log. I was also getting the error code as mentioned before. So I backed the car up to a wall and spent a few minutes just changing the the codes until the indicators blinked alternately and the hazard does the same. I know my stored log file looks strange but im happy with it for now. I have included a copy of the code below
Address 09,5Q0 937 084 AE,channel ENG116952-ENG116179-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16,adapted from,Blinken links Hellphase ,to,Blinken links Dunkelphase ,
Address 09,5Q0 937 084 AE,channel ENG116952-ENG116183-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion C 16,adapted from,Blinken links Dunkelphase ,to,Blinken rechts Dunkelphase ,
Address 09,5Q0 937 084 AE,channel ENG116953-ENG116202-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion C 17,adapted from,Blinken rechts Hellphase ,to,Blinken rechts Dunkelphase ,
Address 09,5Q0 937 084 AE,channel ENG116953-ENG116198-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17,adapted from,Blinken links Dunkelphase ,to,Blinken rechts Dunkelphase

Hi guys, I have a 2007 mk2 tt tfsi which has dual indicator bulbs on the rear. Is there a way to get them to flash between them on the same side, so they alternate the inside, outside bulbs when indicating or with hazards? Would be a nice touch. I have Vcds so can play if anyone has an idea without me doing a massive re-wiring and circuit build retro fit job.

Cheers, Chris.

This is the 8V forum so a different platform but check if VCDS and your car supports ‘pace car’ setting or equivalent. Doubt it would be legal though.

Hi guys, I have a 2007 mk2 tt tfsi which has dual indicator bulbs on the rear. Is there a way to get them to flash between them on the same side, so they alternate the inside, outside bulbs when indicating or with hazards? Would be a nice touch. I have Vcds so can play if anyone has an idea without me doing a massive re-wiring and circuit build retro fit job.

Cheers, Chris.
Not possible via coding. Would need hardware modifications.

This is the 8V forum so a different platform but check if VCDS and your car supports ‘pace car’ setting or equivalent. Doubt it would be legal though.

Hi JohnM100,

Thanks for the reply, I realise this is the wrong forum for my car but I have trawled the forums about how to mod my rear lights and you guys seemed to be discussing what I was hoping to achieve. My apologies, however I have found the comments and info very useful.

Cheers, Chris.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Not possible via coding. Would need hardware modifications.

Thank you for the reply DJAlix,

I will do some research / speak to my technical team at work and see if there is a hardware / circuit I can get made to fit and achieve the desired indicator functionality. I will post with my findings. Again many thanks.

Cheers, Chris.

Thank you for the reply DJAlix,

I will do some research / speak to my technical team at work and see if there is a hardware / circuit I can get made to fit and achieve the desired indicator functionality. I will post with my findings. Again many thanks.

Cheers, Chris.
I would purchase some Semi dynamic A3 turn signal modules from eBay or alike and engineering them to fit.

I would purchase some Semi dynamic A3 turn signal modules from eBay or alike and engineering them to fit.

Thank you again DJAlix, I have checked these out on eBay, removed my rear light unit to check the plugs for compatibility and they connectors look, at first glance, to be the same. So I have ordered a pair and we’ll see if they do the trick.

Might try the flasher units on the front lights when they turn up! If they work front and rear then this could be a great, but possibly illegal (as #JohnM100 suggests) mod for my TT.

Thank you again for the reply and suggestions, I like experimenting and problem solving with these kinds of mods/upgrades.

Cheers, Chris.

Hi DJAlix,

Ok, I bought a pair of the A3 dynamic modules, (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/264394629545) now need a wiring guide from A3 rear light plug to TT 8j 57 rear light plug. I’m going to hard wire the module in but need to known which wires do what from the tt rear light loom so I can connect to the A3 module loom. Does anyone have a pin out and wire colour guide for both so I can match the out puts to the module inputs? Cheers in advance, Chris.

Well, DJAlix

I took apart the dynamic cables and narrowed it down to an earth and signal in and a signal out. Hard wired it into the out-side flasher bulb and they work.

Thank you for the info guys.

Well, DJAlix

I took apart the dynamic cables and narrowed it down to an earth and signal in and a signal out. Hard wired it into the out-side flasher bulb and they work.

Thank you for the info guys.

I can image that this will not be to everyones liking however I actually think that what you have done is quite effective! Much better looking than when used on an A3 in my eyes.

Reactions: chrislam
@DJAlix

Thank you for the positive comments. I like them and all thanks to you and the forum for the help.

Cheers, Chris.

@DJAlix,

Ok only one small problem. When you first get in the car, turn on the ignition, the rear indicator warnings come up for left and right. Then when you switch the indicators on left or right they flash fast for about 5 flashes then slow down to normal speed and the warning goes off but still registers as a fault in the Vcds. Presumably this is due to the flasher box being in-line to the second indicator bulb.

Any ideas how to fix this?

cheers, Chris.

@DJAlix,

Ok only one small problem. When you first get in the car, turn on the ignition, the rear indicator warnings come up for left and right. Then when you switch the indicators on left or right they flash fast for about 5 flashes then slow down to normal speed and the warning goes off but still registers as a fault in the Vcds. Presumably this is due to the flasher box being in-line to the second indicator bulb.

Any ideas how to fix this?

cheers, Chris.
Car thinks your bulbs are blown. If you have access to VCDS you will need to see if you can disable "cold diagnosis" for the bulbs / lights in question.