Swapping roof on a cab

Gizmo750

Reaction score
HI all,

I wonder if anyone can give me any pointers on how easy (or difficult) it is to swap a roof on a 2007 A4 cab?

I fancy changing the standard black one for a different colour but before I go buying one I thought I better find out how difficult the actual swap is.

Anyone able to help with any instructions / costs etc?

Thanks

From reading elsawin if your good with the spanners then you should be OK, however you need a specical tool (VAG tool number VAG1742) to align the windows to the new roof. Some times you can get away without these tools, but they make like a hell of a lot easier with them!

Found this cut & paste out of elsawin.
Convertible Top Overview

Thanks very much, might have a go at this myself if I can't get a decent price for someone else to do it.

Just had a quote from Audi - 8 hours labour!!! Might have to call that idea off as a bad plan.

Try an independent, it looks a good few hours work, but don't think it's 8 from read the instructions.

Thanks, I will look up a few Independents in the area. I did think 8 hours seemed a bit excessive

Thanks, I will look up a few Independents in the area. I did think 8 hours seemed a bit excessive
i fitted mine myself infact ive done 2 now,there pretty straight forward,
storage cover box off,
osr boot liner out,
lower rear bench off
both rear quarter cards,
boot lift up panel out,
mostly unclip wiring leaving pump attached with hydraulic cables,
3 bolts per side 1 bolt is a locator bolt for refitting to take the weight need any info just ask