Swapping iPod connectivity from one car to another

Alan_t

Reaction score
Evening everyone,

May be an odd question, I’ve bought a replacement a4 avant as I’m selling my black one.

My new one is generally a better specced car, but it doesn’t have the unit in the glovebox to plug in my tune2air for streaming music.

It has the aux cable port in the armrest instead.

With that in mind, is there a way I can plug/play music from my phone in the new car (aux cable?), if not, how hard would it be to take the unit out the old car and install it in there new car?

Cheers
Alan

What radio do you have in yours? I've got an AMI module with loom that I removed from my A4 when I installed my RSNAV. Its for the Concert/ Symphony radios. It'll allow you to use your tune2air. If you want it You can have it just pay the postage.

Hi, I’m not actually sure,

I have the in dash cd changer, B&O speakers etc, looks the same as my s setup apart from it’s missing the module in the glovebox.

It doesn’t seem to say concert/symphony etc on it anywhere?

Are the controls on the radio or by the gear lever? Could you put a picture up of the radio?

YeH I’ll try later, controls are by the gearstick, and it hasn’t got the extra button in the rotating control that the 3G one has.

I’ll try get a pic later

Look like I have a 2g mmi but this one doesn’t have the iPod connection in the glovebox. ‍♂️

Unfortunately the AMI I have wont work on yours as it is CAN based. Your one will be fiber optic. The good news for you is the fiber optic version is easier to install. You should be able to get the parts on ebay fairly cheap.

Ok thanks for the info,

I still have my previous a4 sat here.

Tempted to take out the media port and just swap it all over before it sells.